mspsix

Posted: May 22, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I made a search that has these criteria:

checked off = no
AND
timer is more than 0:00

I then saved this search as "Running Timers"

Now, whenever I try to create a new search, no matter what criteria I put in, they are always sorted by timers, even if that has nothing to do with the search I create.

Is this a bug or am I not doing something right?
mspsix

It seems like if I manually sort a saved search, it maintains that sort for all saved searches...?

I guess a better question might be, is there a way to sort the results of the saved search in a way that doesn't affect the other saved searches?

This message was edited May 22, 2012.
JPR

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by mspsix:
...is there a way to sort the results of the saved search in a way that doesn't affect the other saved searches?

No. Each view (Main, Context, Folder, Search etc) will remember one set of show and sort settings. This feature is often requested and it is "on the list".

You really don't need a custom search to get this info quickly. Here is how I do it: I always keep the Due Date view on All Tasks, showing everything except completed, subtasks inline, and sorted by Due Date. (when sorting by Due Date, I find no need to switch to the Overdue, Today, Tomorrow tabs, since you can see all of this info in All Tasks.) To find timers I go to the Due Date view, and click on the Timer column header. Voila, all your timers sort to the top. To resort the view, I click on the Due Date header. Done.
mspsix

Thanks JPR! I'll give it a try.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.