ForumsQuestionsOL Tasks: Missing all text in body?

OL Tasks: Missing all text in body?
mark_1337909683

Posted: May 25, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Just installed the app and using a trial version of gSyncit until I can determine the effectiveness of both--

When I click open a Task synced from Outlook, none of the text contained within the body of the task is apparent. There is just a blank 'note' for entering new text. The primary purpose of syncing my Outlook Tasks is to view the data contained within the body of the tasks.

Is this a problem at my end or is this a condition of the app?

Mark
Purveyor

The Toodledo app was designed to sync with the Toodledo website.

You are having problems syncing with Outlook. You need to contact the makers of gSyncit.
mark_1337909683

I'd like to hear from someone who is syncing from Outlook to confirm that they are or are not seeing their text come through.

Plus, that's the last of 3 problems that I didn't mention.

Only 2 synced tasks appear on the website whereas all appear on the phone?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It sounds like you are having lots of problems with gSyncit. Please contact the company that makes that tool for assistance.
mark_1337909683

Addressed to Administrator--

I'm sure your iPhone app is a good tool. However, it's not useful (to me) unless synced with MS Outlook.

Assuming that my referenced problems are a function of gSyncit and given that a third party sync source is necessary to coordinate Outlook Tasks--is there another product that you have experience with that has successfully performed?

Mark
Jake

Toodledo Founder
There is another tool called Ceptara that also syncs with Toodledo and Outlook that you might want to try.
Psale

Posted: May 26, 2012
Posted by mark_1337909683:
I'd like to hear from someone who is syncing from Outlook to confirm that they are or are not seeing their text come through...

On Thursday of this week I purchased and installed Toodledo and gSyncit on my Windows 7 Pro 64bit PC running Outlook 2010 32bit. I successfully synced all my Outlook 2010 tasks to my new Toodledo account. OL tasks that contained text did arrive in Toodledo with that text.

This message was edited May 26, 2012.
mark_1337909683

Posted: May 26, 2012
Regarding this thread and any other associated threads I posted within the past few days. As it turned, out after numerous emails with their support, my problems with gSyncit were solely restricted to the 50 task trial version. At Dave's suggestion I purchased the full version (fully refundable withing ~2 weeks). I did so and the software worked as advertised.

I cannot express how excellent their (his) support is. I wholly recommend this app to anyone who might be listening in.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.