ForumsQuestionsHow to post a jpg or other image to Forum?

How to post a jpg or other image to Forum?
Fred_Foote

Posted: May 31, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
Can someone explain in detail how to post a jpg or other image to the forum using a link to an outside photo site or with some other method? It would help me post an image of an iPhone screen that illustrates an issue I'm having. Maybe others have screen prints of problems or solutions that they'd like to illustrate as well. I'm looking for the right syntax and codes EXACTLY. Thanks!
piyush_soni

Posted: Jun 04, 2012
Just upload the image somewhere (e.g. imageshack.us), get the link of the image. Then in your post, write this in between your text:

< img src="<web url of your image>"/ >

This message was edited Jun 04, 2012.
piyush_soni

Posted: Jun 04, 2012
Score: -1 Reference
Just remove spaces from the tags (I put them to escape the forum's html processor)
Fred_Foote

Posted: Jun 05, 2012
"/>

Ugh. I'm looking at your instructions and can't get it to work. For instance, you have four angle brackets above (two >>'s and two <<'s). Is that correct? I find it almost impossible to follow typing instructions because there's grammar used in the instructions themselves.

Help! Thanks!

This message was edited Jun 05, 2012.
JPR

You need to remove the space after the first "<", and the space before the last ">". The "link of your image" is the same thing as "web url of your image".
piyush_soni

The internal < > I used were only as a placeholder - don't use them, just give the url there. Sorry, in programmers' world that's a common way of saying 'replace with the appropriate value rather than literally writing "web url of your image"'.

JPR has already explained the rest.

For example, to post the toodledo image here like this:

I'd write a simple line like this :
< img src="http://static.toodledo.com/images/logo150.png"/ >

(again remove first and last space)

Sorry ToodleDo, I have no intention of doing any copyright violation. Only using your image on your own site as an example.

This message was edited Jun 05, 2012.
Fred_Foote

Posted: Jun 07, 2012
Here she goes!

Still no luck. I don't know if I'm making a grammar mistake or am getting the wrong link from the web. I guess I "can't get there from here." My Snapfish link addresses don't end in .jpg, for instance. That concerns me. Oh, well. Thanks for trying. Can you do it from Snapfish?

This message was edited Jun 07, 2012.
piyush_soni

Posted: Jun 07, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
It must end in one of the image formats : jpg, png, gif, bmp etc. If it's ending in something else (like .html), you're doing something wrong. Many times you see a photo on the screen, but it's actually a hyperlink rather than a direct image. Mostly, if you are using Firefox - you can right click that and click 'View Image' (which will directly take you to the image). If you are using a non-browser called Internet Explorer, you can just try clicking that image until it shows a jpg/png/gif in the top address bar. Then copy that link here as shown. :)
HTH.
Fred_Foote

Posted: Jun 09, 2012
Here's my test using ImageShack:

You rock, Plyush! Thanks for your patience!

This message was edited Jun 09, 2012.
devil.dadofu

Posted: Aug 24, 2012
yes, basically some sites do not publish links which suits the forum format.

i suggest images sharing website deffe.com for your work. after uploading use bb code or html link. paste them into the forum make sure that no spaces occur between the wraps or tags
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.