ForumsQuestionsCan subtasks have subtasks?

Can subtasks have subtasks?
envirochristian

Posted: Apr 24, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
For a ~huge~ undertaking, like say, writing a thesis for one's PhD, it would handy to break what needs to be done down as much as possible. ...Are you all working on doing something for would allow for subtasks to have subtasks themselves? For example:

Task
~Subtask
~~Sub-subtask (for lack of a better term *wink*)
~~Sub-subtask
~Subtask
kleerkoat

It's not possible now.

But it's something that I'd like to see implemented.

Then I could use folders like, Action, Waiting, Hold, Research, Reference.

Instead of using folders as project holders.
fsampaio

I'd like to see that implemented too, I almost chose to use another to-do web application just because of this feature, but i hope toodledo will do that.
Qrystal

Posted: Apr 25, 2008
Score: 1 Reference
I've been using the notes field for this sort of fine-grained breakdown of tasks. I even have sorta "checkboxes" for subsubtasks:

[_] not done
[/] half done
____[x] subsubsubtask done
____[_] subsubsubtask not done
[x] done
envirochristian

Posted: Apr 26, 2008
@Qrystal: That's a good patch for now. Thank you. (You're so smart!)
kleerkoat

Posted: Apr 28, 2008
It would be nice if there was a text format toolbar in the notes field with a cross out text format.
mgd

Posted: Jun 01, 2008
This is surprising omission for a subscription based feature. I'm in trial mode right now but this could be a deal-killer for me. Anyone have an ETA on the implementation of this feature?
Roman

Sorry, guys, if I sound harsh, but why donĀ“t you just get your tasks done, instead of hassling with sub-sub-tasks. This is a personal taskmanager, not MS Project! Keep it simple, fellas!

This message was edited Jun 01, 2008.
Swami Gaurangapada

I vote for this. Sub-subtasks will help in reducing our excessive dependency on the folders and will make it more cleaner.
ablank

Posted: Jul 13, 2009
I really want this sub-subtasks feature too. It would be really nice if this can be implemented.
Anders

Posted: Jul 13, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Toodledo has said they plan to add one more level to the hierarchy. Whether that would be another level of subtasks or something between tasks and Folders, is anyone's guess.
mighty.robot

Posted: Jul 15, 2009
I asked about this the other day. Not having this functionality has kept me from upgrading.

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/2378/0/sub-sub-tasks.html
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.