Google/Gmail - The Future
This post is about how to improve Toodledo through Google Integration, but first let me pay homage.
After much research, TD is the most flexible task management SaaS product available. The integration of both MYN (start dates) and GTD (contexts, next actions) is still a differentiator. Simple, Robust and Not Ugly.
CHALLENGE - What's Missing? - FOCUS
- Most users are either in or going to a Google or Microsoft ecosystem
- TD is trapped somewhere between a simple task manager and full project management software
- Social is huge and TD has built a smart implementation over a base not really designed for social.
SOLUTION - GO GOOGLE
- Access to MASSIVE growing market with abysmal task/notes system as compared to Microsoft
- Add project management capacity free by integration with Google Calendar, Docs and GMail (also Groups and Google+)
- Provide simple Evernote integration that links to notes associated with tasks - don't try to recreate with your Notes
- Fill Google's gaping hole in Tasks and Notes - Be an acquisition target that allows G to bring real productivity.
- Develop GApps GMAIL gadget to convert email to task. Include MYN/GTD fields. Start small, but do it now. Yes, it will only work for GApps users, but it will open a whole new world for TD. Avoid universal solutions that require too much maintenance (e.g. browser extensions)
- Add simple GDocs linking - improves collaborations, saves storage (Will precipitate a change in your pricing structure, but smart users are doing this on their own to avoid costs)
- Fix existing Gmail gadget to apply same filters as TD website/apps
- Charge more money - You could use a developer well versed in Goog to expand from the above to move up the project management food chain. 90% or GApps users could use something simple like TD without need for Basecamp, etc. Slightly improve the free offering and create one Pro level at $60/yr. and move up from there. Standalones won't pay and professionals have $60. Grandfather existing users for a year or two.
Good Luck and let me know if I can help.
BTW, Gqueues is where I think TD needs to head. They have done the Google look and feel thing well, but not nearly as robust, don't work with MYN or GTD as well, no good GDocs integration. Do Gqueues better and there is a huge market.
This message was edited Jun 30, 2012.
Thanks for the feedback. We are looking into some of these things.
You cannot reply yet
U Back to topic home
R Post a reply
To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.