ForumsQuestionsPassing Search Request to querystring?

Passing Search Request to querystring?
bigbytetech

Posted: Jul 01, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I want to do a little specialized tracking using toodledo.
Is is possible to pass a query parameter to the url such as "https://www.toodledo.com/tasks/index.php?tag=1271958" and find all the task that contain the tag 1271958. Setting up a custom search would not be practical as there will be hundreds of numbers added over time and many task for each number.
I want to be able to click on a link in my Evernote and then have it take me to toodledo and display all the task with the specified tag number.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 02, 2012
You could do this via our API, but that would be the only way.
bigbytetech

Posted: Jul 03, 2012
@Administrator
Would doing this via the api bring up the results in a web browser?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 03, 2012
It could, if you build a web front end. You will need to know how to program, or have someone who can program.
bigbytetech

Posted: Jul 07, 2012
Programming I can do. The issue here is extend-ability. The last thing I desire is needing more custom software as that takes away from being able to teach others how to use Toodledo and tie into a practical GTD System.

Is there a way that a grease monkey script or custom search provider could be set up? To Search Toodledo.

Also when I tried searching toodledo from Main/All Task/ it seems the tags are omitted from being searched. Is this by Design?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 09, 2012
It may be possible to make a grease monkey script. I don't know exactly what you want. Give it a try and let us know.

Quick search only searches the titles, by design. If you want to search other fields, you need to be on the advanced search page.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.