ForumsQuestionsTasks Disappeared

Tasks Disappeared
Dan

Posted: Aug 28, 2012
Score: -1 Reference
I've used Toodledo reliably for years and years. Just now I was working on a task and had the timer going, when I went to stop the timer it wouldn't stop. So I tried refreshing the page and just like that all my tasks are gone.

My contexts are still there, my notebook still has the notes. It appears that only my tasks have been removed. Any ideas as to why this could've happened and if there's anything I can do to get them back?
Dan

Score: 0 Reference
To follow up, after reading this post I think I might be another victim of the Pocket Informant bug: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/15399/0/help-all-tasks-are-gone-after-synchronizing-with-pi.html

While I haven't synced PI in a while, I don't know if my tablet or phone might've been syncing without my knowledge and caused this issue.

Is there an activity log so I can see if something synced and cleared all my tasks?

...and while I've lost years of tasks thanks to this bug, the first task I re-created was to remind myself to do a weekly backup of my Toodledo tasks! If you're reading this and haven't backed up your Toodledo tasks, do it now!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You can check your Recently Deleted Tasks list. This is located in your account settings. It will say who deleted your tasks. Please contact Pocket Informant. They will be able to assist you in recovering your data from within the app.
Dan

Posted: Aug 29, 2012
Thanks, I checked there and indeed it looks like Pocket Informant is the culprit. I'll shoot them a message to let them know (although I'm sure they're aware if its a bug that you have also received comments about).

I run backups on my phone daily so I have a backup that I can restore and then push to Toodledo to get some of my tasks back, but Pocket Informant doesn't keep all tasks. I like the Recently Deleted Tasks, though, it looks like, with some time, I may be able to use that listing to restore everything manually. Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 29, 2012
I have been in touch with the CEO of Pocket Informant. He was not aware of the problem. If this has affected you, please get in touch with Pocket Informant and explain the problem to them so that they can assist you. If you create a support ticket with your information, I can forward this to PI for you.
drjjd3

Posted: Aug 30, 2012
I think that I am experiencing the same problem. Was this resolved?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 30, 2012
From what I have gathered, there is a feature in Pocket Informant for Android that allows you to replace your Toodledo data with the data in Pocket Informant. This deletes everything in Toodledo and then adds whatever was on the phone. Apparently, this feature is not well documented, or doesn't have a warning when you select it. Pocket Informant has said that their next update will included a big warning confirmation button that you have to press. This will prevent accidental activation of this "feature". For now, please be very careful about what buttons you push when syncing with Toodledo. Please contact Pocket Informant if you are concerned, or if you think something else is happening to you.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.