ForumsQuestionsRepeat without a date or time?

Repeat without a date or time?
tariqbamadhaj

Posted: Sep 09, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Good Day

I was wondering if there is a way to repeat a task without a day attached to it?

For example, say I have a task without a due date. I would like it to repeat (also without a due date) when I check it off.

I guess one way would be to clone the task before I check it off but I would like to be automatic if possible.

Is this possible and how would I go about it?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 09, 2012
Unfortunately, this isn't possible, but it is on our to-do list. However, we do not comment on timeframes for implementation.

Thanks
Ann

Posted: Sep 10, 2012
None of my tasks have a due date (all have a start date - I more-or-less use the method described by Michael Linenberger http://michaellinenberger.com/free1MTD.htm), and many of them are recurring tasks.

If you want those tasks to repeat several times on the same day, I guess this is not possible.
But otherwise you could set the repeat to 'daily' and 'from completion date', and give the task as start date 'today'
When you complete such a task today, it will be again in your list with start date tomorrow. (Of course, it won't be visible today, unless you create a search that includes tasks with start date tomorrow. When it is a task you'd like to complete a second time today, just check it off again, and since you have it set to repeat 'from completion', the 'new' start date is again tomorrow.

Now, when there is a task that you want to be able to complete several times a day, you could start by creating one instance of the task with start date today and daily repeat from completion. Then make as many clones from the task as you will at most do in a day. (Want to repeat 'drink a glass of water' 6 to 8 times a day? Create 8 clones of the task. Every time you check one off, it will disappear, and reappear on your list for tomorrow...)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.