ForumsQuestions'Due Date / Time' dialog box alarms unfriendly?

'Due Date / Time' dialog box alarms unfriendly?
slowlysteadily

Posted: Sep 10, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I seem to be misunderstanding the right way to use the Due Date dialog box. Currently, I click in the Due Date / Time field and the dialog box pops up. The cursor is in the due date field and I can use the Quick Dates on the right to enter frequently used dates, which is a good feature.

If I choose to enter the date manually I can type '9/18' for 18th of September and tab forward to the due time field and enter 13:00 for 1pm. What I can't seem to do is to tab forward to the alarm field to hit space so as to select the check box for the alarm, let alone tab again to select the time before the event that the alarm should ring.

As I attach alarms to most things I put in the task view this means much clicking about, especially since the dialog box is very sensitive to the mouse pointer and seems to disappear almost immediately if it loses focus. So, click to get it back, click on alarm, click on the dropdown, select a time - surely the keyboard is easier!

Is this dialog box really explicitly designed to ignore the 'tab-through-fields' behaviour that most people would expect or am I missing some option somewhere?

S
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It is not currently possible to tab to the alarm checkbox. This is on our to-do list to implement in a future update. Sorry for the inconvenience.
JPR

I love the inconvenience.... since I never use the alarm feature. Are you planning on detaching the alarm feature as a separate field like in the iPhone app?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We are not planning to detach the alarm field.
JPR

Posted by Jake:
We are not planning to detach the alarm field.

How about making the Alarm function act like the Due Time field? As in, it is a separate sub-checkbox under Due Date in the Fields/Functions Used setting. So the user will have the option whether it appears (and consequently is tabbed to) in the Due Date form.
dan.julian

Just came to ask this--I keep accidentally tabbing out of the date box when I mean to tab to the alarm settings. Would love to see that as a future update!
slowlysteadily

Posted: Sep 11, 2012
Posted by Jake:
It is not currently possible to tab to the alarm checkbox. This is on our to-do list to implement in a future update. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Okay, thanks for the response. I do kind of wonder about the thought process that generated this 2-tabs-but-no-more design in the first place, but at least it's recognised and on a to-do list...

S
MahaBasheikh

Posted: Sep 20, 2012
Okay, this is related, but what I find VERY annoying is whenever I set the date and the time and try to set an alarm (by clicking) that the dialogue box disappears even before I can set it. If I try again, it just always keeps on disappearing. What this means is I effectively can't set an alarm, unless I move super fast which is ridiculous and requires me having to try to move super fast like 5 or 10 times before I get it.

It disappears whether I click the checkmark first or whether I try to choose any of the times first (1 min, 15 min et).
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 20, 2012
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.