ForumsQuestionsDoes multiedit have to be all or nothing?

Does multiedit have to be all or nothing?
parishmin

Posted: Sep 11, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Is there any way to multi-edit SOME but not ALL items in a tasklist? I am deciding on whether to use TD or something else, and this may be a dealbreaker for me. The situation in which I anticipate needing it is this:

-I have a great long master task list where I throw every little idea that comes into my head

-When I have a quiet moment, I want to be able to go through that list and sort it into folders (or projects, or even contexts)

-I imagine that the best way to incorporate the master task list into TD would be to have a folder called something like Great Big Hairy List. But then, how can I pull just some of the items out and say, "These all have to do with Committee X," "Those all have to do with Project Y"?

-As far as I can see, I can't. I can change them one at a time through the drop-down folder menu, or I can change every single item in the folder at once via Multi-Edit. I am looking for a way to, say, select a bunch of them and drag or relabel them.

Is there a workaround I should know about?

Thanks,
Amy
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 11, 2012
Unfortunately, this isn't possible, but it is on our to-do list. However, we do not comment on timeframes for implementation.

Thanks
Salgud

Posted: Sep 12, 2012
There is a work around. You can Star the tasks you want to edit, then multi-edit the Starred list.

It gets a bit more complicated if you're already using the Star feature. In that case, you have to go to the Starred list, then multi-edit the Starred tasks to some property that you don't otherwise use, like priority, or some such thing and de-Star them. (You can add a property you don't use just for this purpose) Then proceed as above.

Once you're done, you have to reverse the multi-edits by doing a Search for the property you used to mark all you're Starred tasks, then Star them and remove the marker.

Obviously, you have to have a fair number of tasks to make this workaround worthwhile. A bit tedious if you're already using the Star, but it works.

This message was edited Sep 12, 2012.
parishmin

Posted: Sep 12, 2012
Okay. And I apologize--I thought the only similar questions were a year old or older, then I saw there was a very recent one along the same lines.

Good to hear adding this is on the to-do list. I understand the no-timeframes policy.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.