ForumsQuestionsManaging A Team

Managing A Team
trorabaugh

Posted: Apr 25, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I am looking at using toodledo to manage a team but I am somewhat baffled at how to assign tasks even in the purchased version. I need to demonstrate this to other team members as a possible solution before purchasing for the entire team.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 26, 2008
The first think you should do is go into your account settings and make sure the "Assignor" and "reassign" columns are turned on. This will allow you to reassign tasks to other people and see who assigned tasks to you. To add a task directly to another person's list, you need to switch to their list first (using the collaborators link in the yellow bar) and then add a task like normal.

You can get more info about collaboration here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/sharing.php

Hope that helps
sven

Posted: Jul 11, 2008
So I can't get a task to "reassign" using the instructions.

I can see the other person's tasks and can switch back and forth with that collaborator, but when I'm in the task list view and the "reassign" column is shown I get a dropdown that shows either "myself" or the other person. If I select "myself" from their view, or them from my view, nothing happens. The task doesn't switch, nothing in my view changes.

Anyone else have this problem?
sven

I should mention that I do NOT have a problem creating a new task and assigning it to this other person. I just can't seem to figure out how the "reassign" dropdown box in the task-list works.
sven

...sorry, adding one more comment:
If I switch to the "classic" mode and reassign using the drop-down, it DOES seem to work. The behavior (in classic mode) is that after you select a different user in the reassign drop-down box, a big red "Save Changes" checkbox appears in the upper right corner of the screen. This does NOT seem to happen in the new (non-classic) version... when you select a different name from the drop-down, nothing changes. (I'm using Firefox 3.0 for reference).

Is this maybe a bug in the new version? Should I submit it, or am I missing something?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You need to expand the width of the "reassign" column. There should be a button adjacent to the drop down list of names. When you click the button, it will get reassigned.

Hope that helps
sven

Ah! That did it, thanks.

That being said, it's a bit awkward. Re-assigning a task is something that I'd do pretty rarely (more likely I assign a task to someone else when I originally create it).
So the re-assign column takes up a lot of space in my 'dashboard' for a function I don't use too often. Either that or I have to turn off the column and turn it back on every time I want to re-assign... that's weird too -- lots of steps.

It would be nice if it behaved more like the delete icon -- just a small icon that doesn't take up much space, which maybe brings up a pop-up window to let me re-assign it when you click on the icon. You could potentially even combine that functionality into one icon (re-assign/delete) to take up even less space for those rarely-used functions.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 14, 2008
Thanks for the suggestion.
jeff.wright.co

Posted: Jul 23, 2008
Question on Assigning and Reassigning. As a Project Manager I have tasks that are assigned to other resources (who will not have access to Toodledo). I keep track of all tasks, but I want to be able to have a field that allows me to choose which resource owns which tasks. Is there a way to accomplish the Assign and Reassign without having to give the resources access to Toodledo? For me it's just a reference.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 23, 2008
Sounds like a perfect use for the "tag" field. If the tag field is not enabled on your account, you can change this in your account settings.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.