ForumsQuestionsiPhone sorting different than website sorting

iPhone sorting different than website sorting
toddmschell

Posted: Mar 07, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
The Toodledo website allows a primary and secondary sorting function for the FREE account. I've noticed that the iPhone seems to only have one sorting function. When I sync my web todo list to the iPhone it appears correctly (using the Due Date then Alphabetical sorts), but if I make any changes on my iPhone to the tasks, the closest option I have is to sort by Due Date. Once I do this, the alphabetical feature is non-existent and I end up with a very different sorted list than is on the website list.
Am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
steve

Posted: Mar 07, 2009
Posted by toddmschell:
The Toodledo website allows a primary and secondary sorting function for the FREE account.
Thanks

I have a slightly different query but it comes under the same heading. My default view is the Hotlist (I THINK the default one but am not 100% sure). On the website this is grouped into "Overdue", "Today" and "Tomorrow" and within that the items are sorted as I want (by tag, but alphabetical would do). On my iPhone Toodledo App though, if I try and use the Hotlist, I can sort, eg:-

by tag - in which case the Overdue, Today, & Tomorrow sort/grouping is lost; or
by Due Date - in which case the tag/alphabetical sorting is lost.

Am I missing something?

On my desktop browser I'm using the free version of Toodledo which is enough. I'm quite happy to buy the Pro version which provides additional sort options on the web version, but I don't think this additional functionality passes through to the iPhone App?

I think all (?) that's required is a 2nd level sort on the iPhone App to mirror the Web App. If I'm right, may I just ask whether this is under consideration please?

Many thanks.

Steve

This message was edited Mar 07, 2009.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 09, 2009
Because the UI is different on the iPhone, you can only pick the first sort criteria. The secondary and tertiary sort criteria are automatically selected based on how you have ordered your fields in the "Fields and Defaults" setting page.
toddmschell

Thanks for the reply. I'm still wondering something: You wrote "The secondary and tertiary sort criteria are automatically selected based on how you have ordered your fields in the "Fields and Defaults" setting page". I cannot find an "alphabetical" field on the iPhone to use as a secondary or tertiary sort criteria. Is it just not available?
Thanks,
Todd
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You are right, it is not possible to use alphabetical as the secondary sort. Sorry. I just added this to our to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.