ForumsQuestionsAttaching LaTeX expressions to a task

Attaching LaTeX expressions to a task
imurme8

Posted: Oct 16, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
Hello--I am a math student using Toodledo. The substance of many of my tasks is mathematical, and difficult to write down without math symbols. E.g. a task might be, "prove that $\int_{\R}f = \int_0^\infty \lambda(\alpha)d\alpha$, where $\lambda(\alpha):=m(\{f>\alpha\})$". It's difficult to think of a way to really write down this task in English without belaboring it. I assume that Toodledo will not display math symbols. Google docs will, and gmail will. How might I input a task such as this, perhaps making use of links to these other programs?

Thanks
Eric Auld
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 16, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I do not think that this is possible. It is the first time that this has been requested. My gut tells me that I would probably require a fair amount of work on our end. My suggestion is to put a link to your Google document in the note of the task and link to it there.
loseeunc

Posted: Oct 17, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Eric,
You might find that certain kinds of expressions keep popping up in your work. I would recommend that you write LaTeX macros for the things you work with most --For example, when I was working on certain "performance" expressions, I wrote a \perf{}{} macro that let me know at a glance that I was addressing performance and standardized the parameters that mattered to me -- Not a perfect solution, but it will allow you to spot similarities and differences easier when the expressions are still in LaTeX and aren't converted to the desired output
Bob
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.