ForumsQuestions CVS export - Missing data

CVS export - Missing data
Michel_7

Posted: Oct 24, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I note that the tasks "date created" value is not included as part of exported data. I am wondering why, considering that the "due date" variables is included. Making the export in CVS as complete as possible is precious ( including the date of task creation ). Thks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 24, 2012
The "date created" value is not generally very important so we do not include it in the CSV export, but it is in the XML export if you can use that. I will put it on our to-do list to make a way to export all fields via CSV.
Michel_7

Posted: Feb 15, 2013
Sorry for my belated answer.

The date value created is of value to me. Why ?

I currently have more than 8000 tasks. I plan to trim tasks based on their freshness ( date of creation). In order to manipulate such heavy data set, I plan to use Excel.

I am well aware that I can use Toodledo to filter/sort data and get the result I want. That said, since you offer a CSV export, why not add the "date created" field to the CSV doc ?

Thanks for your consideration.

Michel
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 15, 2013
Thanks for the feedback. This is still on our to-do list.
clason

Posted: May 10, 2013
I just took a look at the XML export. The date created doesn't appear to be there either. As with Michel, I find the date created very important. I like toodledo's new reports section but the single most important report to me is the backlog of tasks over time. Without the created date, I can't create this graph.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 10, 2013
We will put this on our to-do list to add to our XML file format.
charles.cave

Posted: May 16, 2013
Score: 1 Reference
clason - there is a tag in the tasks section of the XML: date_added. This is the field you want.

I have written a Python script to read the XML backup file and export the task information. Let me know if you would like a copy of this script.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.