ForumsQuestionsHelp Me With My Workflow

Help Me With My Workflow
loukamer

Posted: Oct 29, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Been a Toodledo User for a LONG time. Have recently been looking at other task and CRM apps (Zendesk, Asana, Podio), but none come close to the simplicity and elegance of TD.

That said, I want to try and mimic some of the additional features these other apps have in TD.

1. Is there a way to give a task an automatic reference number? We use this in our Freshbooks billing.
2. Speaking of Freshbooks, any integration?
3. We put details of what we did on a task in the notes field. Is there a keyboard shortcut to insert a day/time?
4. What is the best way to automatically archive old tasks to a database or other searchable record?
5. Can we have required fields? For example, to mark a task completed, we need to fill in the time spent.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 30, 2012
1) If you click on the action menu and select "permanent link" you will see an ID number in the URL that you can use as a unique identifier.

2) We do not have Freshbooks integration at this time

3) Toodledo does not have a keyboard shortcut, but there are many macro programs and text expansion apps that can do this for you. Mac OS X even has this built into the operating system.

4) You can use our export tools to get your completed tasks onto your computer and then you can load them into whatever database you have.

5) This is not yet possible.
JPR

Posted by watoosi:
4. What is the best way to automatically archive old tasks to a database or other searchable record?

A quick and dirty solution for this is to bookmark the "View Completed CSV" URL (from Import/Export Tools) and then use your browser's built-in find text on page feature (usually Ctrl-F). This is a very quick way to answer the "when did I last do this" kind of question.

Bookmark this:
https://www.toodledo.com/tools/csv.php?view=1;completed=1
vitalinfo

I'm in a somewhat similar situation. I keep on expploring alternatives but return to Toodledo. My primary problem remains CRM. There are many good programs out there but then there's always a chasm between the items on those programs vs Toodledo. Even without pipeline or similar features, Toodledo could do so much more for me if it just allowed for contact integration and the tying of tasks to contacts. I've tried to use tags for such purpose, but it does not work very well.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.