ForumsQuestionsHow to customize the Main View ?

How to customize the Main View ?
magalie

Posted: Nov 16, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,

I'm now taking my task management to the next level, and I would like to know whether it's possible to list of views from the main menu.

I know it is possible to create saved search, and have access to them from the search menu, but as I use very often some searches which are not under a folder or context, I would need a kind of "shortcut" to ma favorite saved seaches from the Main menu.
Do you think this is possible ? If yes, how can I do that ?

Thanks a lot for you support.

Kind regards,

Magalie
Salgud

I don't know of a way to create a shortcut from the main view list to the Saved Searches. There are probably some keystrokes that will get you there a bit quicker, maybe even save you a couple of seconds.

The other approach is to duplicate some of the Main views in the Saved Search view, as I have done. This way, I virtually live in the Saved Search views, and rarely do I have to venture out into the Main or other sets of views.
JPR

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but you can create a bookmark/favorite in your browser for any view. For example you can bookmark the Hotlist, or a specific folder or an individual Saved Search.

Each view in Toodledo has a unique URL. To get the unique URL, you must right click the link and open in a new tab. You then bookmark that new tab just like any webpage.
magalie

Posted: Nov 17, 2012
Posted by Salgud:
I don't know of a way to create a shortcut from the main view list to the Saved Searches. There are probably some keystrokes that will get you there a bit quicker, maybe even save you a couple of seconds.

The other approach is to duplicate some of the Main views in the Saved Search view, as I have done. This way, I virtually live in the Saved Search views, and rarely do I have to venture out into the Main or other sets of views.

Hi Salgud,

Thanks for the hint, this is probably the best way to "work around".

I will thry your way, because for me I need a unique place from where I'm "driving my day.
daniel_h

Posted: Nov 17, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
Posted by magalie:
Hello,

I know it is possible to create saved search, and have access to them from the search menu, but as I use very often some searches which are not under a folder or context, I would need a kind of "shortcut" to ma favorite saved seaches from the Main menu.
Do you think this is possible ? If yes, how can I do that ?

Magalie

with keyboard shortcuts turned on, from anywhere inside toodledo tasks I just push "E" to get to searches, then use the numbers "1,2,3,..." to get the particular saved search that I need.
sometimes, after pressing "E" to get to search, the cursor is stuck in a new search. just press "TAB" twice to get out and then hit a number to go to the saved search.

This message was edited Nov 17, 2012.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.