ForumsQuestionsWhere are my ios iphone/ipad custom/saved searches?

Where are my ios iphone/ipad custom/saved searches?
cal.sun

Posted: Nov 20, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
Where are my ios iphone/ipad custom/saved searches?

I discovered the true power of saved searches awhile back. They are great on the web site..... and there's the problem. My existing ios app can sync with toodledo but these do not come across. I put up with that for a while till I relied on my saved search more and more often. I bought the toodledo app because surly they support their own website. No, they don't.

Guess I should have searched fist. Seems this has been "coming soon" for a couple years. I guess it’s not coming. Trouble is, now I rely on it. So, either how do I make it work or what other app and or site do I need to move to?

Currently it shows me

non finished stuff that is
-up to 3 weeks overdue or due up to 3 weeks in the future.
-anything in the "work" folder will show up even if more then 3 week overdue. (but not more then 3 weeks in the future)
-stuff marked with "-keep" in the notes also shows up if more then 3 weeks overdue.

This gives me a nice little combined list of past/future/folders that fits on one page and changes daily as new stuff comes in range or I let old not so important stuff slide into the past and off the visible list. This same list also conveniently shows it as sections (past,today,next 7 days, month)

I pretty much live in this one custom search.

If I need to move to another app or site then the flexible repeat functions are also important.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We've been having some challenges with our iOS development recently, but we are getting back on track and this is near the top of our to-do list for the app. Sorry for the delay in getting this feature rolled out. Its one that I personally want very badly too.
Salgud

Posted by Jake:
We've been having some challenges with our iOS development recently, but we are getting back on track and this is near the top of our to-do list for the app. Sorry for the delay in getting this feature rolled out. Its one that I personally want very badly too.

Get this feature up, and I'll only say nice things about you for at least a week! ;-)
cal.sun

Posted: Nov 21, 2012
Well, its nice to know that your still aware of it. But that said and due to the time taken already, Sorry if I don't believe that its coming anytime soon. I truly hope it is.

In the meantime. Does anyone have any suggestions for other ios apps that either sync this stuff with toodledo or with another online site with the same great flexibility?

Lots of apps say they have smart filters but I've never seen one yet that is based on the current date being compared to a due date.

I love that toodledo (web anyway) can give me this rolling todo list that changes daily on its own.
Adam Frank

Posted: Apr 28, 2013
Any update on this? I am really missing saved searches on the ios apps. Thanks!
annieland

Posted: May 31, 2013
I'd like an update too. I switched to another app for 6 months but am moving back to Toodledo. This has always been the biggest problem with the iPad app. I need my saved searches when I do my reviews away from my desk.

Can we say at least the ETA is 2013?
mister.light

Posted: Aug 13, 2013
Any update on this?
Please, let us know, it will be a killer feature!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 13, 2013
ETA 2013 for sure :)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.