ForumsQuestionsAACK. New iPhone app awful fonts

AACK. New iPhone app awful fonts
jimlaurent

Posted: Nov 30, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
I updated to the 3.0 iPhone Toodledo app and the fonts and sizes are awful.

Dark Grey text on light grey background is hard to read and low contrast.

When looking at Tasks in Due Date list, the number of tasks in the box is too small to read and low contrast.

No apparent settings to adjust fonts or color or revert to previous page format.
Purveyor Post deleted
Sabina A.

Thanks for your feedback. We plan to have a refinement update in the next couple weeks that will address these concerns.
mlb32704

I echo JimLaurent's comments and empathize with the ToodleDo developers, there are a LOT of outstanding "look and feel" posts in the forum. I would especially echo JimLaurent's last sentence - if future update(s) were somehow able to provide the ability for the user to adjust fonts, font sizes, and colors, a lot of these "issues" would probably go away.

This message was edited Nov 30, 2012.
orangedolphin

I agree. Dark Grey text on light grey background is very hard for me to read!

Could it pleased be changed?
egerter

Posted: Dec 01, 2012
So there's still no way to adjust font size and colors in the iPhone app? Wasn't this requested well over a year ago?
jim_1348505282

Posted: Dec 02, 2012
Score: 1 Reference
Zurb may do some groovy work but they blew it on this one. Maybe they couldn't afford an iPhone to test it on. It's a total hash job. This is a productivity tool, not a display of cooool graphics. It's almost hard to know where to start.
1. Gray on gray is one of the first no-no's of readability. Besides, a computer option that is "grayed out" is UNAVAILABLE! Don't try to remake universal computer conventions.
2. Those tiny yellow triangles are virtually indistiguishable from each other. The old design worked better. Did they even give an ounce of thought to someone who is colorblind? (I'm not, and I cannot tell the difference at a glance. This is about speed, ease, and productivity, remember?) The fastest way to see how an item is prioritized is simply the WORD: e.g. "High", "Top", "Low", etc -- not having to make a mental translation of the symbolism of a color.
3. For some bizarre reason it doesn't put the highest priority at the top, instead apparently relying on those stupid yellow triangles. And adding a star to any item should move it to the top of its priority class.
4. Why waste valuable screen space on that useless "Quick Add Task" bar? There's a button at the top for that. At least make that optional. The search bar should be optional too.
I tested at least 8 or 9 organizers before settling on Toodledo. It was by far the best. Please don't let some self-important design shop screw it up. Thanks.
Joyce

Posted: Dec 03, 2012
I know the old software had font size adjustments...hopefully those and a color choice will be in the update...oh and the missing "hide future" filter...please please
aether

Posted: Dec 11, 2012
@Sabina A.

I can only support Jim's summary of all usability problems. I am a long time toodledo pro supporter but this

unreadable usability is an ABSOLUTE NOOOO-GOOOO!!!

My iphone is dimmed to 50%, and I cannot perceive any informational hierarchy as it used to be.
=> Enhance color contrast!!
=> Simplify Design usability
=> Allways think to the USER EXPERIENCE GUIDELINE (http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#documentation/userexperience/conceptual/mobilehig/UEBestPra ctices/UEBestPractices.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40006556-CH20-SW1)

Your old Design was far one of the best I saw and accounted for your tremendous success as the most sophisticated todo app, yet very easy to use. Will this success story continue?
Sabina A.

After the many suggestions from our users, we have decided to revert back to the previous version. This "update" for the previous version will be available as soon as Apple approves it. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
lukepiasecki76

Agree 100%. I think it's time Toodledo got a new designer as the current one clearly has no idea about most basic design principles. And by the looks of it, probably doesn't even use the app :)
Toodledle is a great product, from features perspective. From design - aesthetics and flow - it's one of the worst ones out there. Cluttered with useless and redundant information, hard to read. Typical example are the choice of fonts, colors, and a bunch of useless micro icons in 3.0 release. Combine this with the lack of customizability and you have the reason why users move to simpler, but better looking apps such as any.do.
Salgud

Posted: Dec 12, 2012
Posted by lukepiasecki76:
Combine this with the lack of customizability and you have the reason why users move to simpler, but better looking apps such as any.do.

Just curious, where did you get the stats on this?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.