ForumsQuestionsSort doesn't work!

Sort doesn't work!
M_ichel

Posted: Dec 06, 2012
Score: 0 Reference
...or is it me???

Using iMac, web version of Toodledo, OS X 10.7.5, Firefox 17.0.1.

My tasks are simply not being sorted properly.

I'd like to see them grouped by day; then, within a given day, such as "Tomorrow", by Context; then, within a given context, such as "Collection", by priority.

But this appears to be impossible. I've tried all kinds of combinations, restarts, etc. without ever getting the right result!

Here's a snapshot of the sort criteria:

Here's the result:

You'll note that the tasks in the "Routine" context are NOT grouped together.

I even tried to sort on Due Date, Context, Context and this gave me the exact same result!!!

So... a bug or what???

Thanks!

This message was edited Dec 06, 2012.
JPR

Try Ctrl+F5

This will clear the cache and do page refresh.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The Routine task at the top of the list is separated from the Routine tasks at the bottom because it has a time whereas the others do not. Because it has a time, the first sort criteria (due date/time) is triggered first.
M_ichel

Posted by Jake:
The Routine task at the top of the list is separated from the Routine tasks at the bottom because it has a time whereas the others do not. Because it has a time, the first sort criteria (due date/time) is triggered first.

Ahem... I'm sorry, but the first sort criteria DID get triggered FOR ALL THOSE TASKS. As you can see, they're all grouped under "Due Tomorrow".

What happened, I think, is that (because there was a "due time" specified?) the first task got segregated or put aside and the two subsequent sort criteria did not operate on it...

That's NOT how sorting is done.

Or, the documentation should draw our attention to the fact that if "Due Date" is chosen, AND "Due Time" is not blank, here's what's going to happen, sort-wise...

Honestly, I can't think of any reason (from my standpoint as a user, as opposed to the programmer's standpoint) why the field "Due Time" should play any role in a sort based on "Due Date", "Context" and "Priority"!

Well... What can I say...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 07, 2012
If you sort by "due date/time" tasks due sooner in the day will come before tasks due later in the day?

Tomorrow at 9am Folder A
Tomorrow at 2pm Folder B
Tomorrow at 5pm Folder A

I think it would be more clear if all your tasks had a time. The fact that only 1 does is what is making it a little confusing. Tasks with a time come before tasks without a time and then task that have the same date and time are subsorted by your second criteria.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.