ForumsQuestionsContext in iphone

Context in iphone
stewart

Posted: Mar 17, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi - Im new to Toodledo but have found it very useful so far. Im extending the way that I use it and I have a question around contexts and the Iphone. At the moment Im using toodledo just for home items and continuing to use outlook tasks for work. I think toodledo has the functionality I need for work as well but I like to keep work and private very seperate to reduce worrying about work when at home! So - context would work for me but I cant find a way to set a global context whilst using the iphone - e.g. im at home now so show me home tasks, im at work so show me both.

Is there an easy way to do this or should I just have a work and personal account?
roddyt

This is how I do it, which works well for me.

I have a handful of contexts, but the primary ones I use are Home and Work. The key is that I use the Context View as my default View By setting.

On the iPhone there is a setting for the Start page. I have that set to Contexts, so when I start the app it gives me the list of contexts which I select as appropriate.

Roddy
Claudio

I also have a handful of contexts, with Home and Work as the primary ones, but I never use the Context View.

I use the Main, Folder, and Due-Date views and I filter by Context by using the "Show Only" feature in Filters.
Claudio

Hmmm... I just noticed the title of this thread. (Also, I didn't read roddyt's post very well.)

Never mind. ;)
davek

Posted: Mar 18, 2009
Posted by roddyt:
The key is that I use the Context View as my default View By setting.

On the iPhone there is a setting for the Start page. I have that set to Contexts, so when I start the app it gives me the list of contexts which I select as appropriate.

Roddy

Same here. I played with using the Hotlist and Due dates as the default startup, but I keep going back to Context. When the tool launches on my iPod Touch, select where I am (Home, work, shopping), and I'm away.

It's the best solution for me.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.