ForumsQuestionsSearch drop downs

Search drop downs
Jc_1331507181

Posted: Jan 10, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
In the available drop downs I do not see Starred, how to you search on it?

How do you create both an AND and OR in the same search?
Salgud

Posted: Jan 11, 2013
To get to Starred, click on "Main" in the box in the upper left hand corner, then Starred from the list below.

To have both AND and OR in the same search, you must choose to start with one or the other from the pull down list at the very top of the Search box. Your options are ALL, meaning your starting/higher level connectors will be AND, and your lower level connectors will be OR. Or you can choose ANY, which means your starting/higher level connectors will be OR, and your lower level connectors will be AND.

You'll quickly realize this somewhat limits your search capabilities in TD, or at least makes it more difficult to get what you want sometimes. I haven't yet found a search I couldn't create this way, but it does force one to think it through carefully and often calls for repetition of particular search criteria.

Best of luck!
Jc_1331507181

Thanks Salgud

Do you know how they got the AND/OR in the search for Due Date in the search at the following link taken from the forum.

http://imageshack.us/f/594/troweeklyreviewissue.png/

JC
Purveyor

Using "OR" involves "splitting" a rule into two sub-rules.

To see how this is done, take a look at the "Search" section in the Explanation of Search and Multi-Edit.
Jc_1331507181

Thanks

It keeps getting better!

JC
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.