ForumsQuestionsNew Task Defaults and the Star

New Task Defaults and the Star
gothick

Posted: Mar 19, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi all, I'm new to Toodledo, so please bear with me if I'm being dumb :)

I've set "Star" to "Off" in my "New Task Defaults", but when I add a new task using the "Add a Task" link in the top right of the main screen, it sets new task to be starred, and I have to turn it off.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Matt
Anders

It sounds like you are doing everything correctly. I would double-check your default task settings, and make sure you are not accidentally clicking the star when creating a new task as it is right next to the title entry space. This seems unlikely, especially if this has happened to you more than once, but I have tried switching my settings back and forth, and your issue does not come up for me. Good luck.
gothick

Thanks for the help!

No, it's definitely not working I described -- I've even checked in a different browser on another machine.

On your Account Settings page, what does it say for "New Task Defaults"? Currently, it says "Folder: Inbox" for me (which is right), but nothing about the star. If I change the preference and save, it says "Star: On/Folder: Inbox". But if I turn the star preference to off it just says "Folder: Inbox".

It's like the preference doesn't save when the star is off, only when it's on...

Ta,

Matt
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The default will be overidden depending on what tab you are on. So, if you have the folder default set to "inbox" but you are looking at folder "projectA", when you add a new task, the new task will be pre-filled with "projectA". This applies to the star as well. If you are looking at starred tasks when you add a new task, it will be pre-set to have a star, regardless of your default settings.
gothick

Posted by Toodledo:
The default will be overidden depending on what tab you are on. So, if you have the folder default set to "inbox" but you are looking at folder "projectA", when you add a new task, the new task will be pre-filled with "projectA". This applies to the star as well. If you are looking at starred tasks when you add a new task, it will be pre-set to have a star, regardless of your default settings.

Ahhhh! So, because I'd been playing with stars, I was on the "Starred" tab, and that's what defaulted it! I get you. That makes a certain amount of sense. I was led up the garden path by the "Star" default only showing on the settings page when it was turned on...

Thanks for the speedy explanation (and thank you, very much indeed, for allowing XML imports. Toodledo was clearly a good match for me, as someone with XSLT skills who wanted to move 700+ tasks from another system!)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.