ForumsQuestionsLoad Speed for the Website

Load Speed for the Website
kennethwstaley

Posted: Jan 31, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Hi--I am a pro plus subscriber, have about 3000 total tasks (both completed and not yet completed) and the website loads extremely slowly regardless of whether I am on a T1 line or a DSL line. (I set up a dummy account with fewer tasks and it loaded immediately)

I'm way below the published limits for toodledo accounts in terms of tasks etc, but the reduction in performance is very real. Two questions:

Is there a problem with bandwidth on the backend that will be addressed?

is there something I should be doing to improve performance besides deleting tasks (I havea pro plus account so that I can keep the tasks)?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 31, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
The problem is with the 3000 tasks. Even with a T1 line, 3000 tasks is a lot of information that has to be transferred from the website to your web browser and then processed and displayed. Getting a faster computer may help with the processing speed, but your best bet is to trim down your lists. The easiest way to do this is to avoid looking at long lists like "All Tasks". Instead take advantage of our other lists that are more specific and use filters to trim down what is being displayed. For example, you could look at your "Hotlist" or one specific folder.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.