ForumsQuestionsTwitter Reminders Not Working

Twitter Reminders Not Working
David Johns

Posted: Mar 22, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I am having alot of problems getting the Twitter Reminders to work. I can post via twitter, but the reminders are not comming through. Any ideas?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 23, 2009
Here are a few things to check on. Make sure that you have Twitter reminders enabled, in the setup screen on Toodledo. Then, make sure that your timezone is set correctly in your account settings. Then make sure that the tasks have a due-date and a due-time. If all of those are correct, then you should check Twitter and make sure that it is setup to receive direct messages from "toodledo".

Hope that helps.
David Johns

Posted: Jun 01, 2009
I have done all these and it is still not working. Any other ideas?
Proximo

Twitter has always given me issues. Right now I can't even send task to my Toodledo account, but everything is setup correctly.

This of course is a Twitter issue and not a Toodledo issue. Don't know why Twitter breaks so often.
Anders

About half the time I try to go on twitter.com recently, I get the "at capacity", try again later message. Twitter's growing to fast to keep up I suppose. I wonder if that could be related to the problems.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Twitter breaks so often, it is driving us nuts. We are really regretting building in support for it. Twitter had a major outage last week, and I think it might have messed up certain application links. What I think happened is that Twitter decided to make Toodledo stop following everyone. And of course, we need to follow you in order to send you reminders.

We are looking into it, but one thing you can try is to delete the twitter account from your Toodledo profile and then re-add it. That might be enough to kick it into working again.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We are going through and re-following everyone who was following us before Twitter decided to make us stop following everyone. It may take a few hours to finish this, but it should be working again after that. If it doesn't work for you, try deleting and re-adding your twitter name inside our twitter sync setup page.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
So, it seems like Twitter only allows us to add a maximum of 1000 new followers per day (although they have no problem deleting them all in one day). So, its going to take a while to get everyone re-followed. We have an email into Twitter to see if they can lift this restriction for us.
Vin Thomas

Posted: Jun 02, 2009
Is it out of the question to get a number we could text our tasks to? I like how I can send events into Google Calendar using 48368. Or I can send to twitter using 40404.

That would be SICK!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 02, 2009
We'll look into that. In the meantime, you can use our email-import tool and create an address book entry for your secret email address for quick entry.
Proximo

Posted: Jun 03, 2009
That's it. I am getting an iPhone.

Problem Solved.

LOL
TheGriff_2

Posted by Proximo:

Problem Solved.

LOL

You joke about it but I highly recommend the iPhone if it's available to you and you live in a place with good 3g coverage. It's honestly the best gadget I have every bought and has helped me become more productive both in terms of planned tasks and getting things done during quick bursts of idle time we all have every day.
Anders

Posted by TheGriff:
You joke about it but I highly recommend the iPhone if it's available to you and you live in a place with good 3g coverage.

If it is not, then get an iPod touch. I never thought it could really replace my WM PDA, but it did almost instantly. It really is an incredible gadget. I can't imagine life without it anymore.

~Anders
Proximo

Posted: Jun 04, 2009
Posted by TheGriff:
Posted by Proximo:

Problem Solved.

LOL

You joke about it but I highly recommend the iPhone if it's available to you and you live in a place with good 3g coverage. It's honestly the best gadget I have every bought and has helped me become more productive both in terms of planned tasks and getting things done during quick bursts of idle time we all have every day.

I need to wait until August I believe for my contract to be over. I already purchased one for my wife and she loves it.

I just don't want to pay an extra $200 to get it before my contract is up for renewal. Can't wait to get it and use Toodledo on the go. This will eliminate the need for Twitter.

I do appreciate Toodledo having Twitter as an option for those who can't get an iPhone or a similar device.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.