ForumsQuestionsCannot get Mac Dashboard widget to work

Cannot get Mac Dashboard widget to work
djones_1348386278

Posted: Feb 09, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
I downloaded the Apple dashboard widget and installed it. However - when trying to add my account details to the widget it says it can't because I am not accepting cookies... there's a link to fix this, but the link doesn't do anything. Any ideas anyone?
Sabina A.

Posted: Feb 12, 2013
Can you please post the link that it says to fix so that we can see why the link isn't working?

This message was edited Feb 12, 2013.
efcostello

Posted: Mar 01, 2013
Same issue. The link doesn't open anything. And I can't copy the link either.

Went into both browsers in use (Chrome and Safari) and set to allow all cookies and I still get the message. Says that my password is correct, but my browser isn't accepting cookies.
efcostello

Posted: Mar 01, 2013
Found this in another thread...
"I also had this problem, and found the following workaround:

1. Load Safari.
2. Go to the preferences screen. (Safari menu -> Safari -> Preferences)
3. Click on the 'Privacy' tab.
4. Set 'Block Cookies' option to 'Never'.

You should now be able to log into the dashboard widget with no issues.

It's worth remembering that this will impact upon your actual browser security settings, however - advertisers will be able to track you using cookies. One possible way around this would be to use a different browser to Safari for your everyday browsing."

Odd that I had to do it this was as Chrome is my default browser, but it did work.
SpideyLu

Posted: Mar 08, 2013
I had the same issue and found this thread. After seeing this workaround, I tried something that works and is even easier than this.

Just go to Safari and log in to Toodledo then try logging back into the widget.

I normally use Firefox so I was not regularly logging into Toodledo in Safari. After doing that, the widget works.

Hope that helps.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.