ForumsQuestionsTag Capitalization

Tag Capitalization
mohit_kandhari

Posted: Feb 09, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,
I'm trying to change the capitalization of my tags (eg: change Work to work). I am able to see this change in each of my tasks. However, the tag cloud continues to show the old tag capitalization. This does work if I change to a different tag name (eg: Work to work1).
I have tried signing in & out and clearing the browser cache, but without success. This looks identical to the issue at http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/5923/-31625/read.html
Am I missing something?
Thanks,

MK
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 09, 2013
The tag cloud will correctly understand that "work" and "Work" and even "WoRk" are the same tag, but it has no way to know what the correct capitalization is if you mix them. It will just use the first one that it sees. If you change all of your "work" tags to "Work", then Toodledo will update the tag cloud. You can use our advanced search function to do this. Be sure to change all the completed tasks too.
mohit_kandhari

Posted: Feb 10, 2013
Thanks Jake, appreciate the prompt response and clarification (on a weekend, no less!).
This doesn't seem to be working (or I'm still missing something). I -

1. Deleted all completed tasks
2. Changed the tag of all tasks from "Work" to "workx" using the search and multi-edit function
3. Changed the tag back from "workx" to "work" using the search and multi-edit function

At this stage, I'm expecting the tag cloud to show the new "work" tag. Unfortunately, it still shows "Work".
Thanks again for your help with this
mohit_kandhari

I should add ... between the time I posted my query and read the response (about 6 hours), some tags seem to have been fixed, but others have not.
I'm not sure what to make of it!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
There is probably an old completed task that still has the wrong capitalization.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.