ForumsQuestionsBookmarklet login issue.

Bookmarklet login issue.
sak.102010

Posted: Feb 19, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Hi everybody,

I just started using Toodledo, switching from Astrid, and I'm running into a problem with the bookmarklet.

The drop down asks me to log-in, but when I do, it just resets the form and doesn't ever let me add a URL to a task. I am able to select the "View Tasks" option on the right, and log-in to the mobile site and view my tasks.

I'm using Chrome Version 24.0.1312.70; Linux

I do have Flashblock and Adblock Plus enabled, but I wouldn't suspect those would be the problem.

Any suggestions, or any additional info I can provide?

Thanks,
Sak.

UPDATE: Found in the help contents about Google Gadgets requiring third party cookies exception. I added the toodledo.com domain to allow in my Chrome preferences, but still unable to get past log-in on the drop down.

This message was edited Feb 19, 2013.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Can you please try a different browser as a test to see if that works?
sak.102010

It does work in Firefox 18.0.2 under Linux.

I also tried Chrome in Windows 7, and it failed to log me in. Seems to be a Chrome issue.

This message was edited Feb 19, 2013.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 20, 2013
I have not been able to reproduce this problem, so it must be something to do with your plugins or cookie settings. Try disabling the plugins and see if that helps.
sak.102010

Score: 1 Reference
Hi Jake,

I spent some time and was able to track down problem.

In Chrome, when I selected the option to allow all third party cookies, it worked. I double checked the exception and apparently Chrome needed "www.toodledo.com" to match, instead of simply "toodledo.com"

Once I put in the "www" it worked, and I was able to get past the login. You may want to update your knowledge base article (Why isn't my start page gadget/widget working?) to include this info for other future Chrome users.

Thanks again for looking into this for me. :)

Sak.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the feedback. Glad you got it to work.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.