ForumsQuestionsNotes missing from archive

Notes missing from archive
jeffsa1

Posted: Feb 19, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Recently I've had to recall some completed tasks, all were missing their notes.
Is there something special I need to do to save or recall the notes on tasks?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 19, 2013
Currently, a task's note is carried forward to the current uncompleted version of a repeating task. The old completed versions do not retain a copy of the note.
jeffsa1

Posted: Feb 20, 2013
Wow. I've been using Toodle for awhile but didn't know that.

Does your backup tool save notes? Its not clear from the description

Do you have a recommended way to retain notes onto your online archive?

This message was edited Feb 20, 2013.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The note is not lost. It just lives on the active version of each task. If you want to retain a copy of the note on each historical version of a task, you will have to copy and paste the note from the active version into the completed version. We may make this a user configurable setting in the future.
jeffsa1

The reason this is important to me is because I recently accidentally deleted some notes with extensive note.

I'm not sure I understand 'active version of each task.
If I have a task to call someone and put several details like the phone number or price into the note, when I check the task off as completed, there is not longer an 'active version' , the only thing left is the archive of the task saying to call someone.
That means the note is lost.
Is this correct?

Does your backup tool save the notes?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you have a single task with a note, and you check it off, that note will remain and will not be deleted.

What I was talking about is repeating tasks. If you have a weekly repeating task with a note, the note will be on the activate version of the task, and if you go and look up an old completed copy of that repeating task, it will not have a note.
jeffsa1

Ok, that makes sense. Why store notes over and over.

I raised this subject because it seemed like when I searched the archive there were no notes in any of the iterations. From what you are saying, if I've finished with a recurring task the last occurrence in the archive should have the note, right?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 21, 2013
Yes, that is correct.
DougieSpam

Posted: Apr 14, 2013
I deleted a recurring task, thinking that I could easily recover information in the notes from recently completed tasks. But as described above they are all empty and the current task has been deleted.

That's certainly not what I expected. Is there any way to recover this deleted information?

Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 15, 2013
Deleting a task does just that, it deletes it. Toodledo does not currently have an undelete option, but this is on our to-do list for a future update.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.