ForumsQuestionscursor entry point for notes

cursor entry point for notes
daniel_h

Posted: Feb 25, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,
I use both the web and iOS versions. most of the entry that I do is in the web version, and so I have learned its behavior and adapted my data entry to how it works.

Specifically, on the web, if I click into the "note" area of a task to edit a note, the cursor is placed in the upper left corner of the note box. This is preferable to me, as I like to enter my notes in reverse chronological order, with the newest note entry at the top. this has the practical result that the most recent note entries are at the top, and so one does not need to scroll down to figure out what the next step is. my assistant and I both use macros (textexpander) to initial and timestamp our entires. I find this works well.

however, on the iPhone app, clicking into the not field results in the cursor being placed at the bottom right of the previously entered text: after the last character. to keep my entry mode consistent, I then need to scroll to the top of the text, and carefully point to the upper left corner to try to get the cursor in the corner, before all previously entered text.

to me, it seems that the behavior should be the same on both platforms: web and iOS. as stated earlier, I prefer that it be the web version, so that new text is entered before old text. by the way, this also applies to the Notes area of the app, not just the note field for each task.

Thanks...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Feb 25, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.