ForumsQuestionsCompleted tasks

Completed tasks
glen

Posted: Mar 25, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
I've poked around the forum, but not found if I can do this: I like completed (checked) tasks to stay up for the day so I can see what I've done, but then the next day I want to hide all of them. I can try using the filter to hide recently completed tasks, but I'm assuming that will hide them once I flip between views during the day. I also figured out how to do a search for completed tasks, and then I can use multi-edit to delete them all, but was thinking it might be nice to not have to delete them. Is there someway to utilize the "recently" in "recently completed tasks"?
Alan

Score: 0 Reference
You could use an Advanced Search to set-up the list according to the criteria you prefer, being sure to include a line that searches for Task is checked-off = yes or Task is checked-off =no. That will display what you want. Then simply save that search and use it when required.
glen

Thanks for that idea! I like to use the context view so I get a sense of tasks in other contexts than where I'm working right now, but it never occurred to me I could do that with searches also. What I really want is to show tasks except those that were checked yesterday or before ;) So I would see what I had completed that day, but not everything I had completed before that. I think I just need to give up on that preference...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion.
Alan

Posted by glen:
What I really want is to show tasks except those that were checked yesterday or before ;) So I would see what I had completed that day, but not everything I had completed before that. I think I just need to give up on that preference...
OK, do you realize that you can click on the "Filters" link near the upper right of the display, and then simply click on "Show Recently Completed"? That will show recently completed tasks in any list at the bottom, sorted by date of completion going back a week I think. So really, just don't scroll further down than "today". The other days can just be ignored.
glen

Posted: Mar 26, 2009
Ah! I didn't know what time frame the "recently" in "Show recently completed" referred to. If it could be set, of course, I could set it to "today". But I will try setting that and ignoring the rest of the days. Actually, what I'm trying now is just deleting completed tasks first thing in the morning, which works for me. Once I'm done with a task I historically haven't wanted to reference it.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.