ForumsQuestionsFeature Request - Easier Date Entry on iPhone

Feature Request - Easier Date Entry on iPhone
danrhiggins

Posted: Mar 25, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
I find the current means of date entry on the iPhone and iPod touch to be very cumbersome. (Yes, I realize a lot of apps on the iPhone use the same approach.) But when we are putting due dates a week or two out and want it to end on a Friday or Wednesday or whatever, especially if it crosses into another month, it is cumbersome to have to spin through the silly wheels. (Reminds me of Onion's spoof on the Mac Wheel Notebook PC!) How about a simple calendar/grid based date picker?

Also, how about on both the iPhone version and the online version a button for Today or Tomorrow or even "Week From Now" so that we don't have to scan for those dates. These are examples of frequent Start and Due dates.

Another thing that would help me would be if I set a Start Date of today default the Due Date to Today. Maybe give me an option to default the Due Date to Today or Tomorrow.

Finally, if I have a task that is overdue I may reschedule it altogether, moving the Start Date to today or some day in the future. But the Due date is left as is, meaning earlier than the Start Date. Many PIMs will move the Due Date the same number of days as the Start Date as a default.

These are all features of a number of mature PIMs for PDAs, etc. They would make Task data entry much simpler.

Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion.
Alan

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by danrhiggins:
I find the current means of date entry on the iPhone and iPod touch to be very cumbersome.

I agree completely. I would prefer the method used on "Todo", which is to show the date and names of the day of week of the next 7 days, and the bottom "other" which then jumps to the spinner. (They also include a quick "one week from today" selection at the bottom of the days of the week. Very nice implementation.

RTM's iPhone app has a similar implementation.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.