ForumsQuestionsWhat are the Notes really for

What are the Notes really for
Leo_1322101230

Posted: Mar 20, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
I know this may sound stupied, but what is notes supposed to be used for or as?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 20, 2013
Its for storing information that is not actionable like a task. For example, I use it to keep summaries of business books that I have read (among other things).
Sabina A.

Posted: Mar 21, 2013
Here is the link to our notes tutorial video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MPz4uATdMB4

Hope that helps!
Salgud

Posted: Mar 22, 2013
I use them for mostly short-term notes that don't need to go into Resophnotes (Free downloadable note software I use in place of Evernote because the state blocks Evernote). Every week I meet with my boss, so I keep my notes on what I need to discuss in a TD note. Likewise, I go to several monthly meetings, and keep notes for each of those, announcements I need to make, questions I need to ask. I have regular discussions with the SharePoint consultant for the websites I administer, so I keep notes on what I need to discuss with them at our next meeting.

Sometimes the notes become long-term, and I just copy and past them into Resophnotes.
Leo_1322101230

Posted: Mar 23, 2013
Ok, so that really helps.

I use part of toodledo as a diary, or better said (I put my daily activity in a folder in tasks) I made a folder called THINGS I DO 2013. Each entry has the date & day. And then I add the details.

Question is: I have been doing this for over two years.

Is there a way to transfer them all over to NOTES at one time?

And, can I change the date it was entered, because if I transfer 1 task from July 13, 2012 over manually it will show a date entered as today. Once I have transfer them all over then I can enter them in day by day.

Can this be done.
Leo_1322101230

PS thank you for your help
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The only way to do this would be to copy and paste all the tasks into a notebook. You may be able to do this with one copy and paste command depending on how much you care about the formatting. Otherwise, I don't know of another way to transfer multiple tasks into one notebook entry.
troy.christmas

Posted: Apr 28, 2013
We are close to launching a solution that we hope will provide better integration of Evernote and Task Services like Toodledo. If you'd like to be notified when our beta is released, please complete our simple Google Form
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/16nPFDkbdLfK-zK3fOMmET7ryFv4eJy5otL35iSUQ43M/viewform
jeffsa1

Posted: May 11, 2013
Posted by Leo_1322101230:
I know this may sound stupied, but what is notes supposed to be used for or as?

I use notes for the many things I need to keep track of: medicines and supplements that I am taking and side effects, business opptys that I am researching, travel advice on places that I may want to visit, relocating issues, etc.
I dont know how I could get along without them.

This message was edited May 11, 2013.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.