ForumsQuestionsrequest for more "hide future tasks" option

request for more "hide future tasks" option
robertcrum

Posted: Mar 27, 2013
Score: 3 Reference
It'd be nice to have more options for "hide future tasks" in settings. Right now the shortest possible is one month. How about one week? Three days? One day?

That would give users time to see what's immediately coming, rather than have future tasks clog the view for a month or more.

Thanks,
Robert
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 27, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
martingchapman

Posted: Mar 29, 2013
Score: 1 Reference
I would find it really useful to be able to set this to 1 day as a minimum.
Sabina A.

Posted: Mar 29, 2013
Hello,

If you use the "start date" field, the "hide future tasks" filter will hide those tasks and only show them on the day of. Updating this for "due date" is on our to-do list for a future update.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?search=start+date

Hope that helps!
dmonder

Posted: Jun 26, 2013
Score: 2 Reference
I am confused by this feature. If the start date is today or in the past, why would the task be considered future if it has a due date more than X months in the future. What difference does the due date make if the task is active.

For now, the iOS app does this correctly, showing me all the tasks that have either no start date or a start date of today or earlier, regardless of the due date.

Is it possible to make the web version work that way (even with an option)? Is this what you are referencing with your comment above Sabina?

Thanks. -- David
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 26, 2013
What you are suggesting is a good option, but isn't how Toodledo's future filter currently works. I'll put this on the todo list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.