ForumsQuestionsPredefined tags for quick pulldown

Predefined tags for quick pulldown
Greg

Posted: Mar 27, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I believe I saw a thread on this already (but can't find it now), but in the interest of saving valuable key strokes and time for mobile phone users of Toodledo, will you be converting "tag" set up to one that can be predefined? This will also prevent what I call "tag waste" - where tags are close but not matches, i.e. "Birthday" being one tag, and "Birthdays" being another... or "Organizing" vs. "Cleaning."

It's hard to keep track of what previous tags you've used as well as best/shortest word choice to apply (over time).

Obviously the best approach would be one that allows you to "predefine" and select from a pull down of sorts, but also allow for tag creation on the fly too.

Thoughts or progress on this front?

### updated:
I just saw in your forum suggestions to submit feature requests (for real follow up) through your "ticket" submission process, which I did with this one. I Look forward to the result.

This message was edited Mar 27, 2009.
Claudio

Posted: Mar 27, 2009
Greg, good point!

There was a similar suggestion in July 2008 (http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/345/-1505/suggestion-tag-field.html), and many suggestions afterwards.

There must be a good reason why Toodledo developers have not implemented this often-requested feature.

Perhaps they can tell us.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 30, 2009
Yes, we do have a very good reason. We haven't had the time :) It's on our to-do list and is something that we would very much like to add.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.