ForumsQuestionsIphone Sync problems

Iphone Sync problems
Jane_1531101093

Posted: Apr 05, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
I have been getting these regularly and again things got out of sync. Not fixed by a manual sync, rebooting the iphone app, nor by rebooting the entire iphone.

Who else is getting these? Are you even checking if you are getting out of sync (maybe you are out of sync and don't know it)?

The faqs say this happens rarely, I find it happens regularly - I don't use my iphone app often, but I need it to work when I do use it and about 1/3 the time it is not correct.

Yes, I filed a support ticket, they said check the synchronization log (without giving enough information to say how, so I had to spend more time on help to figure this out). Gee no errors - it says everything synced fine but there were about 10 tasks not synced (obvious if you look at the counts) and of course those were recent ones and most were the ones I needed.

Fix - well we have to monitor it all the time to catch when it goes out of sync and manually fix it, then do a force sync (copies all one one side to the other which is why you have to monitor and fix things first or you will lose info), and if that doesn't work wipe it off the iphone and then reinstall it. Not an acceptable fix.

If we all make a rucus, maybe they will get this to work reliably.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 05, 2013
We are looking into the syncing issues. So far, we have not experienced the problem and have not been able to reproduce it, which makes it very challenging to find out what is happening. This is one of our top-priority tasks and we are doing what we can to find out why some items wouldn't sync.

You should always be able to force a sync from the website to the iPhone if you notice this happening. To force a sync, tap on "Settings" then "Synchronization" then "Modify Account Login" then "Force Toodledo.com -> Device Sync".
Jane_1531101093

Posted: Apr 06, 2013
Yes, I SHOULD be able to force a sync, but as I said that didn't work. I did it about 5 times with no success.

I didn't get any further replies from my support ticket and of course I am concerned about my data becoming inaccurate, so I manually went thru each task to put them in sync.

Are you guys checking your iphone vs web page to see if they are out of sync? I found several items on the iphone that never got to the web page and a bunch of items that were changed on the web page(moved to another folder, text edited, etc.) that didn't get changed on the iphone. Yup took about 30 minutes and I was scanning only to see if the first part of the text of the subject was wrong, who knows about the edits in the notes, other fields, etc but I didn't have hours to check all that.

Again, this makes the iphone app unusable.

I bet this has been happening for a long time, but others like me haven't noticed as we don't double check they are in sync all the time, we bought a program we assumed worked. I have noticed things out of sync and told support that I was missing tasks that were entered (in the last few months) but was told "they didn't know of any issues".

So I bet this is happening a lot and others just are not aware their data is being lost.
Jane_1531101093

Posted: Apr 06, 2013
Yup, took about 90 minutes for the iphone and web page to get out of sync. A task that was deleted last week sometime showed up on the iphone. After the iphone was purged and reloaded from the web page (which should not have had that task anymore as uncompleted).

Don't know about you guys, but I have about 350+ tasks, so to review them all for differences between the web page and the iphone is way to costly time-wise.
Salgud

Posted: Apr 08, 2013
I can't get my Notes to sync with my iPhone. I edited a note early this morning, a couple of hours ago, and I've synced 6 or 7 times since, but the old version of the Note is still on the iPhone. It appears that my tasks are synced, since I have the same number on both. The total number of Notes also is the same on both.

As a test, I added a new Note, which updated immediately! So why can't it update the old note? I changed the new test note on my computer, and re-synced, and it updated right away. So what is happening with that one note?

Edit: I decided to try deleting the note that refused to update, after copying it's content. Then I recreated that note, pasted in the contents from the old one, and re-synced. It updated immediately.

Finally, I changed the name of the new note, just like I had done with the old stubborn one, and it updated as soon as I re-synced. Very odd.

This message was edited Apr 08, 2013.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
There is a very intermittent issue where a note edit will sometimes not sync. We have not yet been able to reproduce the error so we don't know what is causing it yet. Forcing a sync as described above will fix the out of sync issue. Also, re-editing the non-updating note will fix it as well. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are working on this one as fast as we can.
Salgud

Thanks, Jake, I know how these intermittent problems can be.
pzach100

All comments made by BUSINESS SUPPORT LLC are spot on!!! I've been struggling with the synching as well and pretty much at my wits end. When a productivity tool has a critical bug, then it becomes anti-productive. Destroying my time versus making life easier.

I tried forcing a synch as was suggested by JAKE. But the click route doesn't even exist!! i.e. there is no SYNCHRONIZATION after SETTINGS.

The only thing I have tried that helps is deleting the the iphone Ap and reinstalling, at which time all my notes populate from the cloud properly. Kinda sucks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 09, 2013
If there is no "Synchronization" option when you tap on "Settings" then you must be using a 3rd party app. I would contact them and ask that company for assistance since it is probably a different problem.
pzach100

Posted: Apr 11, 2013
Wrong. Read your own instructions:

"You should always be able to force a sync from the website to the iPhone if you notice this happening. To force a sync, tap on "Settings" then "Synchronization" then "Modify Account Login" then "Force Toodledo.com -> Device Sync"."

"... from the website ... ", NOT "...from the Ap....".

If a force a sync "from the Ap" then it does NOT fix the problem. The only way I have found to fix the problem is to delete the Ap altogether, reinstall and then sync.

NEW TREND: I'm starting to observe that most (not sure about "all") of the problems exist if I change the title of the note. As soon as a title is changed, even 5 seconds after the note is created, then it will no longer sync withe the web ap.

Are you guys working on this at all? I haven't seen any substantive updates in while.

To clarify, i'm using toodledo both via Web and Ap.

This message was edited Apr 11, 2013.
Jane_1531101093

Posted: Apr 12, 2013
pzach100: The syncing is from the iphone side, not the web page side. Yes the wording in the reply above was not as clear - in my support ticket they didn't say and I spent 30 minutes trying to figure it out including searching the forum until I found the information it was on the iphone. The iphone is also where you can force a copy one way, and get what is on one side but lose anything that was edited/changed on the other side.

It is not just notes, because I changed other things like due dates.
And tasks I had added on the iphone didn't ever get to the web page, not even by the next day, and not after a forced sync. That would have been a big problem if I didn't catch it the next day as they were critical tasks with hard dates.

I have deleted the iphone app for now and if I have to use toodledo on the iphone (I try not to), I use the web browser to access the information.
Not a good solution at all, but I can't afford to have things get lost and out of sync.
pzach100

Posted: Apr 18, 2013
I need to dump the whole program and use something else. Toodledo isn't responding to this issue so I'm assuming they don't care much and I can't wait. Thanks BS LLC.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 18, 2013
We have responded to this issue above several times. We are working on a fix for the note syncing issue. We hope to have an update soon.
Jane_1531101093

Posted: Apr 22, 2013
Jake, I hope you realize this is not just about note sync but due date/folders syncing, and about tasks created on the phone not syncing to the web page. And I am sure you appreciate that is makes the iphone app unusable until it is fixed (so a high priority problem).

I know you have my trouble report on the non note synching issues and it is still open and being worked on.

I gladly volunteer for any extra traces you want to put in to catch why this is going on. As I said, this happens quickly to me.
jeffsa1

Posted: May 11, 2013
Posted by Business Support LLC:
I have been getting these regularly and again things got out of sync. Not fixed by a manual sync, rebooting the iphone app, nor by rebooting the entire iphone.

Who else is getting these? Are you even checking if you are getting out of sync (maybe you are out of sync and don't know it)?

The faqs say this happens rarely, I find it happens regularly - I don't use my iphone app often, but I need it to work when I do use it and about 1/3 the time it is not correct.

Yes, I filed a support ticket, they said check the synchronization log (without giving enough information to say how, so I had to spend more time on help to figure this out). Gee no errors - it says everything synced fine but there were about 10 tasks not synced (obvious if you look at the counts) and of course those were recent ones and most were the ones I needed.

Fix - well we have to monitor it all the time to catch when it goes out of sync and manually fix it, then do a force sync (copies all one one side to the other which is why you have to monitor and fix things first or you will lose info), and if that doesn't work wipe it off the iphone and then reinstall it. Not an acceptable fix.

If we all make a rucus, maybe they will get this to work reliably.

About the same time I started to have Iphone synch problems.
It takes 90 minutes to synch over the same wifi as I've always had.
I reinstalled the app, cleared the data, submitted a support ticket, etc. No solution.
This problem just appeared and wont go away. TD doesnt know how to fix it.
I can synch my android in under a minute.
Jane_1531101093

Jeff (and others).
They released a iphone update - available on the ihpone app store about 2 days ago.
I just finished testing this out (I had taken it off my iphone and wanted to make sure I did a backup and expoert both and then do explicit testing before I started using this again.

My preliminary testing worked fine.
Tasks on the iphone were updated to the web page quickly (I refreshed it 1 minute later and they were there).
Changes on the web page to existing tasks - to notes, folder, and goal, were all updated on the iphone (after a sync).

So it looks like the problems were fixed.

My initial sync (over 670 tasks) took a few minutes - but not more than 5 or 10 - it was over half way done after about 2-3 minutes but then I walked away for a while).
Syncs of a few changes were quick (e.g. less than a minute).

Check out the latest iphone app and see if this fixed your slow sync problem.
syltrem

As a matter of fact, I updated Toodledo on my iPhone on May 10... and soon after it stopped syncing "unable to sign on to Toodledo.com. Please go into your Synchronization Settings and check your email login and password. Error 1001"

All is fine with the login/password.
I have TD v 3.0.5 build 2602

I tried to force sync from iPhone to TD, and then the reverse, always the same error message.

Help, please.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 13, 2013
I apologize for the inconvenience. We are aware of this issue and have
it fixed. The fix will be in the next release of Toodledo. In the mean
time this may help:

1) Press the home button to return to the home screen.
2) Double tap the home button to bring up the multi-tasking dock.
3) Tap and hold on the Toodledo icon until it starts to jiggle.
4) Tap the red - symbol in the upper left corner of the Toodledo icon
to force quit the app.
5) Relaunch Toodledo
6) Enter your password in the Sync Settings page and press save.
michael

I updated my toodledo on the iphone today (I am at version 3.0.5 (2602)).

I entered about 20 items on the website, but when I synced on the iphone they did not show up after repeated attempts. I finally did Settings -> Synchronization -> Modify Account Login -> Force Toodledo.com -> Device Sync and that worked.

But I thought the version I have is supposed to have fixed this sync problem?
r.rusk

I have an iPhone 4 and have the same "error 1001" issue. The phone tasks and notes now do not match since I update on both. I get the "error 1001" when I try to force a sync from my phone onto the web version.

If I follow Jake's advice and "force quit" the app remove the icon on my phone will I lose the task and note changes I made on my phone? They must be stored on the phone's memory--right? And will the phone's file of tasks and notes be deleted if I "force quit" the app? I don't want to lose them.

This message was edited May 13, 2013.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2      Next

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.