ForumsQuestionsemail task to specific folder, WITHOUT tags in Subject Line?

email task to specific folder, WITHOUT tags in Subject Line?
stu.kruse

Posted: Apr 09, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
I am aware that you can email a task to ToodleDo and use hashtags in the Subject Line to send it to a specific folder or context. Is there currently a method to do the same thing using only an email address?

Here's the use case I'm thinking of:
I want to see a list of things I'm waiting for, e.g. people I'm waiting to reply to emails.

I could achieve this by copying in ToodleDo to any emails I send that I want an answer to, so that a task is also created in ToodleDo.

I'd like these 'waiting for' tasks to go to a specific folder.

I don't want to put tags in the Subject Line as this will confuse the person I send the original email to.

I thought a solution to this might be to use gmail's system of 'linked' emails (e.g. if I have a google email that is [email protected], I can also send emails to user@gmail+task.com and it will still come to my google email address). So, if I could crate an email called [email protected]+waiting, whenever something was sent to this email it would create a new task in my waiting folder (I hope that makes sense!)

Anyway, if you can think of any way I can achieve this without hashtags in the subject line I'd be very grateful

Many thanks,
Stu
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 09, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
What you are describing is not currently possible. Sorry. We will look into it for a future update.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.