ForumsQuestionsMissing (carriage) return key?

Missing (carriage) return key?
mark_1337909683

Posted: Apr 25, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
I started syncing Outlook Notes with the intent of using TD Notes vs. OL-->iPhone Notes. When the current folder syncing problem is fixed, I'll continue doing so.

However, yesterday I needed to paste some data into a new Note and I tried, for the first time, using the TD Note to create new and realized a problem.

Whereas the iPhone Note editor has a dedicated (hard) Return key, the TD editor keyboard does not.

Absent the iPhone Return key, how does one insert hard returns while editing a new note (creating paragraphs)?

Mark
JPR

Posted: Apr 25, 2013
The TD notebook has a separate field for the title. You can insert returns in the note body.
mark_1337909683

Posted: Apr 27, 2013
No--

Return as in an Enter Key, Return Key, key that inserts a hard return in the text used for creating a new paragraph.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you are typing text into the title of the note, then there is no return key because a title can only be one line. If you are typing text into the body of the note, then there should be a return key. I just checked both my iPhone and iPad and confirmed this. I think you may be typing into the title.
michaelbrown

I had the same problem initially. Only applies to new release of iOS version. Caused by confusing labeling in the new iOS format: When you start a NEW note or go to a note that has only one line of text, the "body" field below the title only shows "tap to add note". Making it easy to assume that means "Tap to add NEW note or to finish editing this note" which you aren't wanting to do. If you tap there , you will now be editing the body of your note, and the return key will be available. If there is already text in the body, then it will be obvious.
Ahh, adjusting to new versions...
pjlewis

Posted: Apr 28, 2013
On the web version, you get a single form to complete, with the title and note content (and folder selector) being visible. This is intuitive and allows the user to add a note as a single action.

On IOS, the note title, content and folder selector are separated. This means that adding a new note in a certain folder requires 3 discrete actions from the user without an obvious workflow to guide you through. This is lot less intuitive (requiring knowledge from the user on how this works) and is inefficient (requires a lot of clicking about). It is easy to get lost on this user journey.

This looks like an area worthy of a rethink.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 28, 2013
This is because the screen size of the iPhone is smaller than the website, so it isn't possible to fit everything on the screen at once. We will try to think of a way to make this more intuitive.

Thanks
mark_1337909683

Posted: May 08, 2013
Sorry for the incorrect information.

I'm used to Outlook notes that do not have a title and, not looking at the top of the screen, simply assumed I was typing in the body as in Outlook.

Mark
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.