ForumsQuestionsDozens and dozens of tasks titled "2cbr" being created

Dozens and dozens of tasks titled "2cbr" being created
eph.zero

Posted: Mar 30, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I suddenly have a whole lot of tasks with the subject "2cbr" in my list. These are being created in "No Folder," with low priority, no due date. I did not create them myself.

I'm syncing with TooDo on the G1, but I have auto-sync turned off. I already deleted a bunch of these and did not sync afterwards, but almost a hundred of them have appeared since then.

Any idea what's causing this?

Also, it made me realize that I _really_ need bulk delete and other actions. :(
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The tasks are probably coming from TooDo or one of your other connections. Maybe email-import or twitter? If you go to the search page, you could search on the "Via" field to find out who is adding them.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Also, you could use the multi-edit tool on the search page to quickly delete all of these.
eph.zero

Thanks. Turns out they were coming from Twitter. There _was_ a problem with the Twitter API today -- I re-received a bunch of DMs and replies in third-party apps when it came back up. Maybe that has something to do with this.

And thanks for the tip on the multi-edit tool. I hadn't seen that -- I hadn't thought to look for something like that on the Search page.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Ok, yes it does appear to be a bug with Twitter. They are sending us the same message over and over again. They aren't supposed to.

We just put in place extra filtering so that duplicate messages from Twitter should be ignored from now on.

Twitter has a reputation for breaking a lot, so this is just another one of their screw ups. Our filter should prevent this from happening again.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
For those interested, here is Twitter's bug tracker for this bug.

link

This message was edited Mar 30, 2009.
brett

Posted: Mar 31, 2009
Thanks for the tip on the multi-edit tool, that will come in handy elsewhere also.

I just had to delete several hundred tasks...
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.