ForumsQuestionsRe-assign funnies?

Re-assign funnies?
frossie

Posted: Mar 31, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I don't know whether it is just me, but I can't seem to reassign to my collaborator from the grid view? Assigning at task-creation time does seem to work.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
What happens when you try? Do you get an error message, or does the spinning circle stay there forever? Or something else?
frossie

Literally nothing - I don't even get the spinning circle. It just sits there with the drop menu on the collaborator's name, but nothing happens. If I go to a different view or reload and come back, the task is still there unassigned. If I try to click on reassign again, nothing happens - as if the field is locked out.

This happened to me at work earlier and I have just reproduced it at home (Firefox both times).
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 01, 2009
To reassign a task you need to select the person's name AND then click the "Do it" button, which is to the right of the drop down menu. If you can't see this button, it means that your column is too small. You can resize the column to make it bigger so the button will fit.
frossie

Indeed, the DoIt button had been resized out.

Just to make myself feel less like a moron, I'd like to point out that none of the other columns need a DoIt, so there is an inconsistency in the UI, and that generally the columns stop you from resizing to less that the width of the column title, so perhaps putting the DoIt (if we must have it) to the left of the field might avert similar idiocies in the future.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Yeah, we know that it is bad design, and we plan to fix this soon. The reason this has a button and the other fields don't is because there is no way to undo a reassignment, so we wanted to make it a 2 step process to avoid mistakes. Since the other fields can be re-edited at will, a mistake there is easy to correct.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.