ForumsQuestionsSubtasks Hidden

Subtasks Hidden
Michael_49

Posted: Jun 04, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
If the only way to show a Parent w/ subtasks collapsed is to set them as "Hidden", is there a way to show the individual subtask when the setting is set to "hidden"?

i.e. I have a search view that displays PROJECTS and then another search view that displays individual starred tasks, some of which are subtasks. When I make them "hidden" to collapse the Parent, I lose the visibility of the subtask.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 04, 2013
Sorry, it isn't possible to have it both ways. You'll need to switch the filter depending on what list you are on.
Michael_49

Posted: Jun 05, 2013
Is there a search criteria that I can use to have them be visible if I star the subtask?

This is becomming a deal breaker...expanded subtask lists just become monsters!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
There is not a search criteria for this. What you will need to do is click the "show" button and then click the appropriate option under subtasks whenever you want to switch the view. It should only take a few seconds. We will look into ways of making the subtask filter sticky per search.
modum

Hi Michael. I have been using a hybrid configuration from Proximo's setup and Chris Millward's. If I understand your issue correctly, it is solved in Proximo's setup. for instance, I have a Next Actions folder and a Projects folder (including others per GTD). My subtasks are set as inline in the search view, and they are set as indented in my folder view. If I am reviewing next actions my actions will appear in the next action search inline with the rest. If I want to review my projects then I go to the Folder view > projects folder. All of the projects are listed with the subtasks hidden. If I click on the projects icon, all of the subtasks will drop down beneath it.

Hope that helps.
Michael_49

I am using Toodledo in Chrome. When I change my subtasks to hidden (or in line), it impacts ALL the various views and searches...it is not configurable per folder or search view. Modum, how do you get that to work???
modum

Posted: Jun 09, 2013
Michael I too am using Chrome. (It's my browser of choice.) From my experience, sort and filter settings are saved at each view. All searches fall under one view. I create a project folder in the folder view, and I can set sub tasks as either inline or indented. Inline to hide and indented to show. All of my sub tasks are actions, so I have a folder that contains only actions. When I create searches in the search view I search for properties in my actions folder, waiting for,etc.

Please note I view my projects during my weekly review twice a week, so I am more concerned about my actions. Therefore I do not have a search specific to Projects. If I make projects search in the search view it will filter out my actions. If I go to the projects folder, I will see a list of my projects. If I click on the relationship icon, the child actions will appear beneath my projects.
Michael_49

Posted: Jun 09, 2013
Hey Modum,
Thanks for getting back to me. After I posted, I discovered that I can set Folders to hidden and Views to indented. I will just have to bounce back and forth to view my lists. Thanks for all of the insight and help!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.