ForumsQuestionsOutlines Doesn't Work

Outlines Doesn't Work
gmbusiness

Posted: Jun 11, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
I've tried Outlines on 3 different browsers in the last day. I can't get it to work:

- On IE 8 on a Windows XP PC -- when clicking the Outlines tab, IE freezes and a long script warning box appears. I have to close IE.

- On IE 10 on Windows 7 -- when clicking the Outlines tab, nothing appears on the tab. It's blank. But program doesn't freeze and I can go back to Tasks or Notes.

- On Firefox 21 on Windows 7 -- Outline page opens with choices to start a new outline or use an existing one. However, clicking on any of the choices does nothing. Refreshing the page doesn't do anything either.
gmbusiness

Update:

Under Firefox, I was able to start a new Outline. Only after I did that I could add the Tutorial, Genealogy and a couple other samples, after repeatedly clicking on them. Can't get Book Report or Favorite Meals to get added no matter how many times I click on them.

After doing that, IE 10 still shows a blank page.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We have not been able to reproduce your issue. Can you please check the error console and report if you see any errors?

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=123

Also, if you have any browser plugins like ad-blockers or the like, please disable them and see if that makes a difference. Sometimes aggressive ad-blockers can break websites even if they don't have ads.
mminnolera

- On IE 8 on a Windows XP PC -- when clicking the Outlines tab, IE freezes and a long script warning box appears. I have to close IE.

I get the same result. Tab works fine on my iPad logged in via Safari. Hangs on the XP machine with IE8.

Added info:
SP3 with all updates current. Turned off blockers, etc.

This message was edited Jun 11, 2013.
ChristianDiscer

Posted by mminnolera:

I'm simply verifying mminnolera's problem with IE8. I'm on a Windows XP SP3 w/all Win critical updates.

Outlines is fine with Google Chrome, however IE8 freezes when accessing Outlines.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We will look into these IE8 problems.
mminnolera

Posted: Jun 13, 2013
IE8 no longer causes a crash, but still has a formatting issue. Outline items are "left justified" and appear too far to the left (positioned on the grey bar). This makes the completion check box appear in the middle of outline items. Thanks for your work on this issue, Jake!

This message was edited Jun 13, 2013.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 13, 2013
It sounds like you are running IE8 in compatibility mode which makes it behave like IE7. We do not support IE7 (and we are going to drop IE8 support soon). My recommendation is to upgrade to IE10 (or Chrome). If this is not possible, please turn compatibility mode off and see if that helps.

I found this link which explains how to turn off compatibility mode: http://eis.unt.edu/content/ie8-compatibility-mode
mminnolera

Posted: Jun 17, 2013
I wasn't in compatability mode...I thought. Then I saw that Toodledo was listed under "Websites you've added to compatability view". Not sure when or why I added it, but it was there in the list. Nice catch, and thanks for the help! The Outline tab displays perfectly now.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.