ForumsQuestionsOutlines feature requests

Outlines feature requests
ChristianDiscer

Posted: Jun 12, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Unable to delete item containing no visible text - should automatically be removed? (not sure how I created this "blank" line)

Ability to delete a single item - keeping other "checked" items

Allow longer lines (>150) of text with word-wrap

Shortcuts J and K seem backwards - J should be previous, K should be next (like arrow keys) (or i = previous(up), K = next(down))

Delete confirmation dialog (and other outlines dialogs) is "fullscreen" and inconsistent with other Toodledo dialogs

Thanks and keep up the great work!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 12, 2013
Thanks for the feedback. A little feedback of our own:

1) We are looking into preventing empty items from happening in the first place.
2) To delete a single item keeping others checked, click the item to enter edit mode and press the X button to delete it. Or highlight the item and press the delete key.
3) The J/K shortcuts are borrowed from gmail and other web apps that have copied gmail, so we are keeping them like this for familiarity.
sprouty76

Posted: Jun 13, 2013
The blank item comes about when you have a node in edit mode but empty, and then you drag another node somewhere. The node you had open for editing gets "closed" but the check for emptiness doesn't happen.

To delete one of these empty nodes, select the previous node then press j, the empty node should be active although there is no visual feedback for that. Then press backspace to delete it.

Alternatively, you can do the first part of that then press enter to go into edit mode, where you can add some text.
Ann M

Posted: Oct 24, 2013
Hello

I love the outlines, but it would be more functional if you could add multiple items at once like you can do with the tasks. Just wondering if you could add it to your feature list.

Thank you.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You can add multiple items quickly by typing and pressing return and then typing and pressing return as many times as you need.
Ann M

Sorry but that is not that's not the same because it doesn't allow you to use cut and paste to enter multiple items all at once like you can with multiple tasks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I see the difference now. Thanks for the feedback. We will consider this.
ProBC

Posted: Oct 29, 2013
Refresh me again why both Outlines and Lists do not incorporate the Folders abilities that are found in Tasks and Notes?

I use the Folders in Tasks as a way to group tasks per client i do work for and could possibly have hundreds of tasks created in the system spreadout amongst all the folders. So if I were to create Outlines or Lists in a similar fashion for each client the list of them down the left would become quite large with no structured organization or grouping.

I realize there are Tags available, which are great for their own purpose, but wouldn't it also be nice to be able to create a few outlines or lists and group them into a folder - and keep the functionality principles the same amongst all 4 of your core components?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 29, 2013
We may add folders in the future. We wanted to start with tags because we though it was flexible enough to allow people to use it for multiple purposes.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.