ForumsQuestionsWhat is direction of near-term TD development

What is direction of near-term TD development
sprouty76

Posted: Sep 17, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by Jake:
We have made progress with the Android app, but we are trying to hire an Android developer to help us finish. http://www.toodledo.com/info/jobs.php

Any Android developers out there want to help?

Finally, acknowledgement that it's not the same as doing website development! You were rather dismissive of people who made that point a little while ago...
ykphuah

Posted: Sep 18, 2013
I agree more on the horizontal rather than vertical part.

I find the original Tasks and Notes enough for most of my usage. Anything that was done in Outlines and now Lists, should have been added into Tasks in the first place. Come on, Outlines are just tasks right? Ideas? The advantage they give is to have multiple sublists, instead of only the one level in Tasks.

And now, Lists, why can't you just add configurable custom fields into Tasks??

A lot of people seems to get excited about Outlines and Lists, but using Toodledo from a GTD standpoint, I have totally no idea how to use them. If only they are somehow linked to each other instead of being their own entities. I don't want to have to go thru the mental exercise of "is this a task? or outline, or list?" when I thought about something.

This message was edited Sep 18, 2013.
Jason Bushell

Score: 1 Reference
Lists and Outlines solve problems that tasks can't do naturally.

For example, I used to create a list of books that I wanted to read by creating a task for them under a seperate folder.

But reading isn't really a task. Unless its for work or study, reading rarely has a due date/priority/location etc...

You just want a list of books that you would like to read someday.. and you tick them off when you're done.

Outlines are for getting lots of ideas out of your head and into a framework which you can use later. Creating lots of tasks here would be inappropriate as some may not be actual tasks, and some may not actually be used.

GTD isn't the only way to do things, and encompasses more than just the original book in my opinion.
Dirk Zemisch

Posted by Jake:
We have made progress with the Android app, but we are trying to hire an Android developer to help us finish.

Whats about going in contact with the guys using the ToodleDo API and having already nice apps? It's your choice, but why not using their experience with ToodleDo?

Just my 2 Cent.
Dirk
ykphuah

Posted by Jason Bushell:

But reading isn't really a task. Unless its for work or study, reading rarely has a due date/priority/location etc...

You just want a list of books that you would like to read someday.. and you tick them off when you're done.

I have a context called "toread" that I put in all my books. There's a lot of tasks in my list that does not have a due date, priority, and location. It just acts as a reminder of something that I need to do. I can't see how you think that reading isn't really a task. :P

There's a status called "Someday", though I don't use it, and ticking them off, means its a task.

Outlines are for getting lots of ideas out of your head and into a framework which you can use later. Creating lots of tasks here would be inappropriate as some may not be actual tasks, and some may not actually be used.

If you are talking about brainstorming, then this should be integrated somehow into the Notes app. It will be a hassle for me to brainstorm things in Outlines, and then move them one by one into Tasks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.