ForumsQuestionsCould not log in to Toodledo: Excessive Tokens

Could not log in to Toodledo: Excessive Tokens
lawlist

Posted: Jun 24, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
I need to renew my pro subscription, but I am concerned that Toodledo is simply not reliable due to the Excessive Tokens restriction. I have never used Toodledo for business, but I'd like to someday. Last year I experienced the same issue because I have about 150 tasks and could not synchronize all of them and had to do it in a couple of stages over a period of several hours. Now, I'm just experimenting with a few tasks by trying to synchronize with Emacs and once again the Excessive Tokens issue. Is this Toodledo service for anyone other than just people with a few tasks like buying the groceries?

This message was edited Jun 24, 2013.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 24, 2013
It sounds like you are using a 3rd party app that is syncing excessively or incorrectly with our service. Please contact the company that makes the tool that you are using and ask them to fix the problem. It is possible to sync with Toodledo without getting Excessive Token errors.
lawlist

Posted: Jun 25, 2013
Unfortunately, the Emacs lisp Toodledo sync does not appear to be a hot ticket item for the world at large. So, unless I'm willing to spend the time learning about the Toodledo API and fixing it myself, I'm probably out of luck unless I just want to do a few synchronizations a day. Tonight, I only ran about ten different tests of 10 tasks per test before being locked out with the Excessive Token issue. This is certainly disappointing -- :( I would sign up again for the pro account if my Excessive Tokens could be increased by a significant factor, or completely eliminated.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 26, 2013
I am sorry, but we cannot fix a 3rd party app that is poorly written and syncs excessively. We have these restrictions to protect our servers from being overloaded and causing a bad experience for everyone. Maybe you personally would not cause this by using your emacs sync app, but if there were a thousand of you doing the same thing, it would. Sorry.
lawlist

Posted: Jun 26, 2013
I received a response from the maintainer of the Emacs Toodledo sync package and it appears that the utility works properly, but that a user cannot run more than ten successive tests in a one hour period if the Emacs application is closed and opened again. The maintainer has included a test script as a workaround to the Excessive Tokens restriction imposed by Toodledo so that a user can modify the script as needed without reaching the limit of synchronizations:

https://github.com/christopherjwhite/org-toodledo/issues/19#issuecomment-20040414
lawlist

Posted: Sep 23, 2013
Workaround: By using the Emacs function`M-x load-library` subsequent to each modification of a library (e.g., `org-toodledo.el`) , a user can keep Emacs open without requesting a new token -- unless the core functionality is being tweaked.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.