ForumsQuestionsToodledo, Google, and iPhone -- showing generic tasks

Toodledo, Google, and iPhone -- showing generic tasks
Steve

Posted: Apr 03, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I've got a slight problem syncing Toodledo with Google calendar and displaying it on my iPod Touch.

The short version is, in the native iPod calendar app none of my Toodledo tasks show up; what does show up is an event on the calendar for every day called "Tasks for <dayname> (Date)" (for example, "Tasks for Friday (April 3)". These events come from the Toodledo calendar.

I think I have the syncing set up right, because if I go to the Google Calendar web page, the Toodledo tasks show up when I click the check mark for a day with tasks assigned.

Is it even possible to have Toodledo events/tasks show up on the native iPod calendar when synced through Google calendar? If so, is there perhaps some sort of setting that I'm overlooking?

Any help would be appreciated.
Anders

Posted: Apr 03, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
There are two ways to sync your Toodledo tasks with google calendar. One will add the check marks you mentioned. While it is pretty cool to have on gcal, this does not sync properly to the iPhone calendar. The other method which does work for syncing to the iPhone is to add an iCal connection to google calendar. Just click on "Import/Export/Sync" in the sidebar of Toodledo. From there click on the iCal section. Check off enable iCal feed, and get your URL for your tasks. There will be a couple of different URLs. The one designed for google calendar did not work when I tried it, but the one for "All Others" works just fine. In google calendar, under other calendars, click add, and add the iCal URL from Toodledo. Viola, you have your tasks as calendar events. Untimed tasks should show as all day events, and timed tasks as regular events.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.