ForumsQuestionsIntegration with Evernote Reminders?

Integration with Evernote Reminders?
akorvemaker

Posted: Jul 12, 2013
Score: 2 Reference
It would be really neat if Toodledo could somehow integrate with the new Evernote Reminders.

I'm picturing this: Create a note in Evernote, set a Reminder for it, and it automatically becomes a task in Toodledo.

I assume the Evernote title would become the name of the task. It could probably use the same folders (Evernote Notebooks = Toodledo Folders) and tags in both. Perhaps the content of the note in Evernote would become the note in Toodledo, or maybe just a link to the Evernote note. The reminder date would be the due date for the note.

I think it would be a really fantastic integration, if possible.

(Disclaimer: The idea was spurred on by http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3NHMThxUAg)

This message was edited Jul 12, 2013.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 12, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
Linden

Posted: Sep 09, 2013
Score: 1 Reference
I also would really love to see Evernote integration. Just wondering, if/when you offer the Evernote integration, will it have similar functionality to what RTM offers?
Linden

Here's an overview of how RTM integrated Evernote. If its not ok to have links to your competitor's site, let me know and I'll take it down.

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/evernote/
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We are aware of RTM's Evernote integration and we plan to investigate Evernote integration at some point in the future. Thanks for the feedback.
Linden

Posted: Sep 10, 2013
Thanks for the update. I know you don't comment on timeframes but could you give us a feel for the relative priority of this on your roadmap?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 10, 2013
This is medium priority.
marius.eggerud

Posted: Sep 11, 2013
What is highest priority? Hopefully an Android app. Have been waiting for a very long time now.

This message was edited Sep 11, 2013.
oletros

Posted by marius.eggerud:
What is highest priority? Hopefully an Android app. Have been waiting for a very long time now.

Android app is very low priority.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We are hiring for a full time Android Developer and have been for awhile. If you know any Android developers in San Diego, please send them to us.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/jobs.php
breezewest_1296061...

Posted: Sep 19, 2013
Put my vote in for synchronization with Evernote. It is a winner.
The RTM app works very well but I like the overall usability of Toodledo better.
rdesai

Posted: Sep 25, 2013
I agree. Based on many of the discussions in the internet, it seems like Evernote is a defacto note application. And so an integration to it makes sense. As a matter of fact, it probably makes sense to discontinue or enhance the "Note" part in Toodledo with the integration.
Sander_1315984650

Posted: Sep 29, 2013
Evernote integration would be great! Best of both worlds: Evernote and Toodledo.
Sean

Posted: Oct 02, 2013
Would definitely like to see this as well. I've started to track action items in EN using their checkbox, would be a serious win to have that sync to toodledo, possibly mapping the EN notebook name to a toodledo project (if one exists). Could also trigger tasks based on reminders.
Dan

Posted: Jan 02, 2014
Another vote. I'm considering dropping Toodledo to use Evernote. But it would be better if they were synced.
alexandremrj_2

Posted: Jan 03, 2014
Hello,

I needed Evernote so I maintain my toodledo account with my tasks and I'm using TaskClone.

All notes go to my Evernote inbox and then I created a Tasks notebook where everything that must be sent to toodledo goes, been working out fine for me
marcus.davis

Posted: Feb 24, 2014
I just discovered pocket informant. It does a lot of these things.
CosmicFluke

Posted: Jun 16, 2014
Toodledo is currently a huge part of my workflow and time management strategy. Evernote has also become increasingly integrated into my workflow, and at this point it's becoming more irreplaceable than Toodledo.

My primary reason for sticking with Toodledo in the past was its easy web access, cross-platform syncing, GTD features, and the incredible Android app "DGT GTD" (which, despite being in development alpha, is the best mobile task app I've found). But at this point, I'm trying to minimize the number of separate services I use and I'm looking for a task management service with Evernote integration.

RTM and Pocket Informant are both good options, but I'd prefer to stick with Toodledo for various reasons. I will certainly stick with Toodledo if they/you can implement good two-way integration with Evernote, and if it's especially good I'd gladly upgrade to a paid subscription.

It seems like basic reminder syncing would be a good free feature to draw in users, while more comprehensive integration could be premium. At least for my workflow, some kind of tweakable integration would be very useful.
En Quelare

Posted: Sep 25, 2014
www.thesecretweapon.org

Add shortcuts for labels or saved searches so that the evernote phone app is workable too.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.