ForumsQuestionsSetting up contacts and related fields.

Setting up contacts and related fields.
lawlist

Posted: Jul 26, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Can anyone please share with me a good system to set up contacts with Toodledo. My initial thinking is to set up a folder called Contacts and have the initial line be the whole name, and everything else be notes. However, it would be nicer to have fields for firm name, address1, address2, city, state, zip, tel, fax, cell, email, etc.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I already have my tasks and events synchronizing with Toodledo and I have signed up for a pro account, and it would be nice to have the whole kitten caboodle under one roof.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 29, 2013
You might look into using an Outline for this, since Contacts aren't tasks, I would recommend keeping them out of the Tasks section.
lawlist

Posted: Jul 30, 2013
Thank you for the suggestion. I just checked Toodledo's iPhone app, and they don't yet have synchronization for outlines. On the Mac, I'm using Emacs to synchronize tasks with Toodledo and it doesn't handle notes or outlines.

I've set up a couple of tasks already with a folder "CONTACT" and that permits synchronizing with all mobile devices and the Mac, but the notes field will vary depending upon the contact information. My concern will be whether a few hundred contacts plus a couple of hundred tasks will bog things down -- I haven't yet tested the upper limits of synchronization. There are a few apps for mobile devices and desktop applications that filter by folder, so this system is doable, but not custom tailored to contacts.

This message was edited Jul 30, 2013.
Jason Bushell

Posted: Jul 30, 2013
Google Contacts?

I don't understand why you'd want to use TD to manage this data.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.