ForumsQuestionsOptionally on feature appears to have stopped working

Optionally on feature appears to have stopped working
KLSiegel320

Posted: Jul 27, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
I have several things that I do (or should do) daily, but which can be rolled over if they don't happen every single day. I have these tasks set up with the "optionally on" setting in the due date.

As of about a week ago, this functionality appears not to be working for me - I refresh the list, and the things that ought to roll over are still sitting there, showing overdue, instead of automatically rolling over to today.

Is this something wrong with my computer, or has this function changed?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 29, 2013
This function has not changed and it appears to be working for me. Can you please confirm that the tasks are still optional tasks? Also, try editing the due-date to make them accurate again and see if that gets them to start working again.
KLSiegel320

Posted: Jul 30, 2013
Still optional tasks; reset due dates, reloaded Toodledo - and right now, appears to be working.

It is possible that some of them were edited on my phone in Pocket Informant. I wonder if that might have temporarily affected the "optional" setting? I know there isn't such a setting on the phone.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 30, 2013
Yes, that could definitely do it. 3rd party apps could alter how tasks are saved and could remove the "optional" tag.
KLSiegel320

Posted: Jul 31, 2013
Well, it gets weirder. After I did exactly what was described - this morning I came back to Toodledo after being down with a cold for a couple days (so had lots of overdue tasks).

At first, it appeared that the assorted rollovers had occurred correctly. I picked through the list, moving and rearranging tasks. Of course - the screen stays static - the dates are picked, but until one does a refresh, nothing actually gets shifted to its new date.

I hit F5 to refresh. All the adjusting of dates I had just done disappeared. Tasks I know I edited reverted to their prior state - including a couple priority level changes that reverted. The "optionally on" items reverted, and were showing the question mark but were also showing as past due from yesterday.

Really just not sure how this is happening. It's a very recent development, within the past week or so, and I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong. I do suspect the third-party sync is part of it - but usually that app only syncs when I open it, and I haven't had it open.

Any suggestions?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
KLSiegel320

Ticket created. I'm sure there's a very reasonable answer.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.