ForumsQuestionsSetting Due Date/Time via Email

Setting Due Date/Time via Email
jiicusersupport

Posted: Apr 08, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I use ToodleDo with Entourage to automatically create new to-dos from certain emails. Once the email fits the criteria, Entourage will append a suffix to the subject (to det the due date and time) and email the task to my ToodleDo address. As a standard I want my tasks to be due in 1 hour, without exception. However, whenever I try adding suffix "=in 1 hour" to the subject, the result was a due time of 1 o clock being set. What syntax would I use to set any new task to be due in one hour?
Jeremy

Due Time - To set the due time for a task, use the = symbol followed by the time. For example: "=3:45pm".

From the help section

You might just want to add an hour to the current time when adding a task.

This message was edited Apr 08, 2009.
jiicusersupport

Understand that this is an automated process. I will not be manually sending the email... Instead, entourage will edit the email subject and then forward it to my ToodleDo email (via a rule). So I need a way of setting the due time 1 hour later without typing the actual time in myself (for example, as above, "=in 1 hour"... this doesn't seem to work in ToodleDo though. It worked in RememberTheMilk). That's why I need help. I don't know what syntax to use, or if such a syntax is available.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
This is not possible. You need to send an actual time like ="4:00pm". It doesn't recognize relative times. I'll put this on the to-do list.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.