ForumsQuestionsiOS app - big slow-down with v. 3.1.1

iOS app - big slow-down with v. 3.1.1
Chris

Posted: Sep 10, 2013
Score: 0 Reference
Hiya,

I'm a big fan of the new Saved Search functionality in v. 3.1, but the app has slowed down very noticeably since I updated (I skipped 3.1 and went straight to 3.1.1). I do have a lot of saved searches, if that's relevant.

I know that you said that deleting the app and re-downloading/installing it would speed things up for v. 3.1 - would the same approach be likely to work with v. 3.1.1?

I've also noticed that when I sync the app (which I always do manually), once the sync has completed, instead of turning to "Wait" until the two minutes are up, the sync button continues showing "Syncing" - I don't know whether that's related to the slowness or just a small bug.

Many thanks for your continuing development and improvement of Toodledo generally. :)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 10, 2013
If you have a lot of saved searches, it might impact the speed of the app. We are looking into this and will get it optimized as soon as we can.
Salgud

Posted: Sep 11, 2013
I currently have 24 Saved Searches, but I'm seeing no problems with the speed of the app.
Chris

Posted: Sep 14, 2013
Apologies for the delay replying - although I have this (and another) thread on my Watchlist, I didn't get an e-mail to say there had been further replies.

I have 85 saved searches at the moment and - as Jake will attest! - a lot of data in Toodledo generally. Speed of the iOS app had been a real annoyance for a long time under v. 2, but when speed was looked at (improved by a factor of three, wasn't it?) a few point releases into v. 3, that solved that, it was fantastic. This last update has taken it back to roughly the same level as v. 2; maybe not quite so bad, but the whole app is slow, not just the saved searches section. Eg. I'll regularly tap a button and it'll take maybe seven or eight seconds to register the tap.

Many thanks for looking into it Jake, hope you're able to bring the speed back up again.
Clare_3

Posted: Sep 24, 2013
I am using v3.2.0 (3336) on iPhone 4, upgraded to iOS7, and Toodledo has become pretty unusable now, it's so slow, in these areas:

1. In my All Tasks - where the view says 89/245, the scrolling now feels very unresponsive.

1a) Specifically, when I first load this view, it takes 1 or 2 secs to respond to a drag

1b) And when it does then respond to drag, the scrolling feels much slow than it used to - as though there is much more inertia.

2. When editing task properties, when I click on "CONTEXT", it often takes 4 or 5 seconds to display my 15-or-so contexts. Sometimes it takes so long, I think I missed, so I click a second time - after which the list appears and then disappears again. So I have to click it a 3rd time.

3. The same applies to other properties too...

It doesn't feel quite so bad on an iPad 3rd gen - but this again feels noticeably slower than before iOS 7.

I have 27 saved searches (though I'm unsure how the number of saved searches would affect the editing of tasks)

Clare
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 24, 2013
Thanks for the details. We are looking into this.
Clare_3

Posted: Oct 08, 2013
Jake, thanks for looking at this.

Is there any progress please - or idea when we might get some news on this, please? I'm really struggling with the big slow down on both iPad 3 and iPhone 4...

Or anything any of us users can do to aid in troubleshooting?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 09, 2013
It would be helpful if anyone with this problem could create a support ticket and tell us what their sync settings are, along with how many tasks and saved searches you have.

Thanks
Chris

Posted: Oct 21, 2013
Done, thanks in advance.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.